Absolutly Favourite Crockpot Recipe

Page 2 / 7
redwallet, Mar 28, 6:36am
please do, sounds yum

tabby1, Mar 29, 6:57am
Anyone done lamb shanks ? Am new to the slow cooker revolution and no driving instructions

mango5, Mar 29, 6:58am
http://archive. votemenot.co.nz/thread/8582590/crockpot-recip
es/

bswtoad1, Mar 29, 7:08am
yes, i do lamb shanks all the time. all i do is add mint sauce and water (equal amounts of each, ie 1/4 cup) and leave them for the day. . very nice and tender

nanberrie, Apr 6, 9:49pm
yes please! ! !

poppy62, Apr 6, 10:02pm
Morrocan Chicken - there is no real recipie for it but you make something similar to casserole but add cinamon and dried fruits. Make sure to add smoked paprika, cumin, corriander... . Serve with a Couscous - I love the Israeli Couscous with its pearl like grains.

shorty246, Apr 6, 11:11pm
This is the crockpot version of our selfsaucing pudding! 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, 3 Tbsp. cocoa, 2 tsp. baking powder, dash salt, 1/2 cup milk, 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil, 1/2 tsp. vanilla. 3/4 cup brown sugar, 2 Tbsp. cocoa, 1-3/4 cups hot water. In large bowl, combine first 6 ingredients and stir to combine. Add milk, cooking oil and vanilla and stir well. Pour into crockpot. In a medium bowl, stir second amount of brown sugar and second amount of cocoa together. Add hot water and mix well until blended. Pour over batter in crockpot; do not stir! Cover crockpot and cook on high about 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

shorty246, Apr 6, 11:12pm
STICKY LAMB SHANKS
Sticky Lamb Shanks: 2T each of tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar and brown sugar, mix with 1/2 cup water. Combine in pot and reduce until gooey and sticky. Marinate 4 lamb shanks overnight in the slow cooker and slow cook all day in the crockpot.

shorty246, Apr 6, 11:14pm
Honeyed Lamb with Rosemary
Honeyed Lamb with Rosemary For the lamb: 1/2 leg of lamb about 1. 5kg, 2 Tbsp honey, 2 Tbsp French mustard, 3 tsp ground ginger, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves For the Sauce: 2 Tbsp cornflour, 2 Tbsp sherry
722. Honeyed Lamb with Rosemary cont Trim lamb of any fat, mix together the honey, mustard, ginger, nutmeg, soy sauce and rosemary, using a pastry brush paint the mixture over the lamb covering all surfaces. Place lamb in the C/pot cover with lid and cook on low/auto for 8-10hrs or high for 4-5 hrs. Pour the juices which have accumulated in the C/pot into a small saucepan. Return meat to C/pot to keep warm while the sauce is being made. In a bowl mix to a smooth paste the cornflour and sherry, bring the juices in the saucepan to a boil, remove pan from the heat stir in the cornflour paste. Replace pan on heat stirring now and then bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer a couple of minutes. Slice meat and arrange on platter, spoon over some of the sauce, and serve the remaining sauce separately.

shorty246, Apr 6, 11:15pm
hangi
I make a hangi in my crockpot by putting chicken peices and lamb or pork chops on the bottom, then potato and kumera on top. Make stuffing and pack on top of that, fold over the tinfoil so the stuffing dosnt get wet. It tastes just like hangi. You can tip off the juices half way through cooking. dont want stewed hangi

shorty246, Apr 6, 11:16pm
Honeyed Chicken Pieces Recipe
Shake chicken pieces in flour. Melt 2tsp butter and 2Tbsp Honey together, add 1 tsp curry. Dip chicken into sauce and place in crockpot. Pour remaining sauce over chicken. Cook for 6-8 hours on low

shorty246, Apr 6, 11:17pm
Whole Honey-Soy Chicken -so tender KIDS LOVE IT!
Whole Honey-Soy Chicken 4-6 servings: 2 Lemons 2 cloves garlic, crushed 1. 8-2kg whole chicken ¼ cup dark soy sauce ¼ cup honey Cut 4-6 deep slashes in one of the lemons, then stuff the lemon and the garlic cloves inside the bird. Thoroughly coat the cooker bowl with non-stick spray, add the chicken and trun the cooker onto LOW Combine the soy, honey and jucie of the remaining lemon in a small bowl. Stir to mix, then pour the sauce over the chicken. Put the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8-9 hours. For a dark even glaze, spoon some of the cooking liquid over the bird every now and then, especially during the last hour or so.

shorty246, Apr 6, 11:19pm
SAUSAGE’SANDBEER
Oil spray, 600gms Sausages, 1 lg onion finely chooped, 2 med. carrots diced 1cm, 2 cloves garlic crushed, 1/4 C tomato paste (if no paste I use tomato sauce lol), 1 can beer 330ml, 3/4tsp dried chilli flakes (optional) 1 1/2C peas thaw if frozen, 1/4C chopped parsley.

pre-heat cooker for 20 mins. Heat a frypan to med -high heat spray with oil & cook sausages until golden brown. Remove from pan & slice each saus. into 4 pieces. Place in cooker. Reduce the frypan heat to med. , add onion, carrot & garlic & saute for 5 or 6 mins or until the onion is softened. Add the tomato paste, beer and chilli to the frypan, mix well and bring to the boil. Tip contents of the frypan into the cooker, stir, cover with lid and cook to times set below... . (I'll add these at the end). 30 mins prior to seving, add peas, stir to combine, cover with lid & contiue cooking for the final 30 mins. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve hot over creamy mashed potatoes. Crockpot Low 5-6hrs HIgh 3-4hrs Slowcooker Low 4 1/2 - 5 1/2hrs High 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hrs

shorty246, Apr 6, 11:21pm
Corned silver side
Place meat in crock pot, pour over a 1. 5 dry ginger ale, ( pams 99c ) and 1 t of crushed ginger if desired, cook for 6-9 hours.

purplegoanna, Apr 6, 11:27pm
mines good ole fashioned bacon hock & vege soup... . . put the hock in with loads of grated carrot, courgettes, pumpkin, potato and finely diced muchrooms, garlic, red peppers, broccoli etc then a pkt of hosien noodles roughly chopped into smaller pieces, season with salt and pepper and a smidgen of curry powder and leave on high till you walk in the door that night... . mmmmmmmmmmmm

summer129, Apr 7, 3:06am
How much water do you add to it?

gavin166, Apr 7, 3:12am
How about wowing them with a duck?
Lots of recipes online, try Peking Duck flavours - but slow-cooked in rice wine/sherry, star anise, dried orange/mandarin peel, garlic, soy sauce, hoisin sauce... mmm. Can remove duck (if it doesn't fall to bits), portion it, and grill skin-side-up to make it crunchy. Or just serve with rice and stirfried chinese greens... a wonton or two fried on the side maybe.

griffo4, Apr 7, 8:29am
bumping up as l don't have time to copy all these great recipes thanks to everyone for posting them

purplegoanna, Apr 7, 9:22pm
bugger forgot the water! lol i make it about 1/2-1inch from the top, then when i get home i take the hock out and take all the meat of, shred it with my fingers into smaller bits and put it back in. ALSO when your putting your veges in, in the morning pack them in as when you take the hock out before serving theres alot of space left over...

kate113, Apr 7, 9:30pm
I don't have time to type out the recipe, but the other day I made the 'roast' whole chicken with spicy paprika rub, from the Simon/Alison Holst 100 great ways to use crockpots book. Wow, it was one of the nicest meals i'd had in ages! really lovely.

gaspodetwd, Apr 8, 6:10am
boozy beef - gravy beef, onions, carrots, bay leaf, 1 tin guinness, streaky bacon, bouquest garni. roll beef cubes in seasoned flour, and pop in crockpot. fry off onions, bacon and carrots in oil and add to crockpot. Add the herbs and all the guinness. Cook on low for as long as you can. Serve with mash and green veges- savoy cabbage is my favourite. You might have to take off the lid about 1 1/2 hours before to thicken the gravy - and put it on high at this point. Mmmmm - really wintery dish.

hawki1, Apr 8, 8:44am
Hi All
Winter is approaching so out comes the crockpot... yummy...
There is a great site
www.trademecooks.net.nz which started because you can loose some wonderful recipes time after time because they drop to the end. This site is the place where those wonderful recipes have been added. It takes a little bit of navigation but they are there. Enjoy

sarahb83, May 10, 8:02am
Oh my gosh! Trade Me Cooks is back! ! ! Last I heard (read) it had been removed as the lady (Eden? ) didn't have time for it. Yay for Trade Me Cooks!

lindasoptions, May 11, 6:01am
Hi I mentioned in the 'Slow' message thread, that my root veges never seem to cook even cut in tiny tiny pieces, and had a couple of replys, thanks. Just asking here if anyone has the same problem, because after spending so much money I am wondering if I should take it back as it puts me off using it. Thanks for any comments.

sparkles, May 11, 6:12am
I have come home tonight to Crockpot RICE PUDDING... . Its delishous! ! First time ive made it... . so easy. 1 cup rice (uncooked), 1 cup sugar, 4 cups milk... then just before serving I added a swirl of maple syrup. YUMMO