Just learning baking/baking - please tell me easy

billyjessie, Sep 12, 8:23am
Recipes please!

So far this week I've done lolly cake with a twist, chocolate chippies, scones and I've really impressed everyone because baking is SO unheard of for me.

Sooooooo have you got any help/tips/recipes for any baking or easy nice family meals!

Thank you so much!

billyjessie, Sep 12, 8:23am
AND does it get addictive! I feel like I'm addicted LOL

melp6, Sep 12, 8:24am
It sure does get addictive-I love it, especially when your recipes work

Try www.blokeswhobake.co.nz www.chelsea.co.nz is another of my favs

cookessentials, Sep 12, 8:25am
Hi billyjessie.well done and so glad to hear you are enjoying it. For baking ideas, there are a couple of threads. The "Cakes" thread and the "biscuits and slices" thread.

billyjessie, Sep 12, 8:48am
Thank you so much guys!

aimz_bj, Sep 12, 8:58am
Chelsea is another one of my favourites.LOL and yes it does become addictive.I take photos of everything I bake!

michael.benn, Sep 12, 9:21am
Agree on addictive - Just made the BEST triple chocolate biscuits. Instead of vanilla essence I used this vanilla paste stuff with seeds in it, used just enough so that you can see a few seeds through-out the biscuit. DIVINE.

jessie981, Sep 12, 9:37am
Easy as
Chocolate Crunch
125gr butter
1c coconut
1TBSP cocoa
1c four
1/2c sugar
1tsp vanilla essence
Melt melt & pour over dry ingredients
Press into sponge roll tin
Bake 20 - 30 mins @ 180
Cut while warm & ice when cold

Rice Bubble slice
125gr butter
125gr sugar
2TBSPs honey or golden syrup
Bring to boil & simmer 5min. Remove from heat & add 5c Rice bubbles. Pour into a sponge roll tin. Cut while warm

billyjessie, Sep 12, 9:20pm
Awesome thanks guys keep them coming!

harrislucinda, Sep 12, 10:15pm
my bananacakeon theotherpostissoeasypleasetry

lx4000, Sep 12, 11:37pm
I'm about to put this in the oven. Soo easy!

Butterless Banana Cake :

1.5 cups of plain flour
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 cup of sugar

Sift into large bowl, then add :

2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup oil (I use Olys or Rice Bran)
3 mashed bananas

Mix and pour into a lined cake tin. Bake at 150 C for 1 hour.
15 Prep time - and it's lovely! Ice with icing of your choice.

Edited by solo2 at 1:14 pm, Fri 4 Feb

Quotesolo2

lx4000, Sep 12, 11:41pm
with cakes, grease bottom then dust some flour over the bottom. Then bang the flour around to coat. Bang out excess flour. That or grease, line with baking paper.

Muffins,cupcakes, a little oil sprayed in to muffin tins.

When baking with carrots or apples, don't peel! all the goodness is just under the skin and is nice in cakes and puds and muffins:)

No sifter! I use a whisk!

Fruit muffins, have a shaker with cinnamon and sugar mix to shake over before baking them.

Left over wins! Freeze down in ice trays and add to stews, mince and gravies.

melp6, Sep 12, 11:43pm
Oh, and if you have SKY-'Cake Boss' on the Food Channel-now that is some baking!

lx4000, Sep 12, 11:55pm
cream butter and sugar - it should look very pale in color and some like to beat butter then add sugar and beat again for ages. Should have no sugar crystals and smooth as.

Use eggs at room temp along with butter. Butter its soft, not melted!

I often double then freeze down and make a few things at once seeming the oven is going. Ice when defrosted.

lx4000, Sep 13, 3:08am
mmMmm Just add way more banana!
It will be gone once the kids get back! oh thats half of it as I doubled it and baked in a roasting dish and just put half in the freezer:)

tarshlove, Sep 13, 6:37am
This is the best one I've ever ever had and made. Everyone who has had it loves it. I got it off here a yr or so ago.

Banana Cake
Best banana cake recipe ever for Trade Me recipe users.
Beat 3 eggs,
1.5 cups sugar,
then add 1/2 cup cheap oil and
3/4 cup sour cream & 3 ripe bananas beat all,
then add 2 cups white flour
1.5 tsp of both baking powder and baking soda.
Beat till nice and smooth. bake 170 degrees for 1 hr I ice with white and dark choc I make this at work and it is the most requested of all, keeps really well I double and put one in the freezer. Enjoy.

billyjessie, Sep 13, 8:23am
Recipes please!

So far this week I've done lolly cake with a twist, chocolate chippies, scones and I've really impressed everyone because baking is SO unheard of for me.

Sooooooo have you got any help/tips/recipes for any baking or easy nice family meals!

Thank you so much!

billyjessie, Sep 13, 8:23am
AND does it get addictive! I feel like I'm addicted LOL

lx4000, Sep 13, 11:37pm
I'm about to put this in the oven. Soo easy!

Butterless Banana Cake :

1.5 cups of plain flour
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
3/4 cup of sugar

Sift into large bowl, then add :

2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1/2 cup oil (I use Olys or Rice Bran)
3 mashed bananas

Mix and pour into a lined cake tin. Bake at 150 C for 1 hour.
15 Prep time - and it's lovely! Ice with icing of your choice.

Edited by solo2 at 1:14 pm, Fri 4 Feb

Quotesolo2

lx4000, Sep 13, 11:41pm
with cakes, grease bottom then dust some flour over the bottom. Then bang the flour around to coat. Bang out excess flour. That or grease, line with baking paper.

Muffins,cupcakes, a little oil sprayed in to muffin tins.

When baking with carrots or apples, don't peel! all the goodness is just under the skin and is nice in cakes and puds and muffins:)

No sifter! I use a whisk!

Fruit muffins, have a shaker with cinnamon and sugar mix to shake over before baking them.

Left over wine! Freeze down in ice trays and add to stews, mince and gravies.

melp6, Sep 13, 11:43pm
Oh, and if you have SKY-'Cake Boss' on the Food Channel-now that is some baking!

tarshlove, Sep 14, 6:37am
This is the best one I've ever ever had and made. Everyone who has had it loves it. I got it off here a yr or so ago.

Banana Cake
Best banana cake recipe ever for Trade Me recipe users.
Beat 3 eggs,
1.5 cups sugar,
then add 1/2 cup cheap oil and
3/4 cup sour cream & 3 ripe bananas beat all,
then add 2 cups white flour
1.5 tsp of both baking powder and baking soda.
Beat till nice and smooth. bake 170 degrees for 1 hr I ice with white and dark choc I make this at work and it is the most requested of all, keeps really well I double and put one in the freezer. Enjoy.

flower-child01, Sep 18, 10:53pm
The best basics are the good ole fashioned tried and true. I have hoards od recipes at http://brama-sole.co.nz/recipes and if stuck drop me a line. I learnt through trial and error, and that's why I love to share my recipes.

malcovy, Sep 18, 11:28pm
Try the Magical Orange Cake it is deliciously simple and the only fiddly bit is taking out pips of the orange if there are any in it.I cut the orange into quarters and then process it and then add rest of ingredients.