Best birthday Cake Shop in Auckland

Page 1 / 2
leebee35, Sep 11, 4:52am
Need recommendations on a local cake making shop.looking for one for my Mothers 70th birthday.

cool_sta, Sep 11, 4:56am
chocolate earth in browns bay has REALLY nice chocolate cakes and you can order messages to be on them.

leebee35, Sep 11, 5:16am
Yes - I do want it fully iced with a message and maybe a theme!

deus701, Sep 11, 5:27am
How much are you willing to spend! Asian bakeries cakes tend to be lighter, decorated with fresh fruits hence much more suitable for oldies. Places like CityCake is more focused on looks, and the cake tend to be tasteless and overpriced. Personally I like Gateau House, the quality is pretty decent and the price is reasonable.

leebee35, Sep 11, 10:50am
I would never have an Asian cake thanks.I'm requesting "top of the range' cake shops.So nothing cheap.I would rather pay more for quality and design.

joybelle1, Sep 11, 10:57am
Eves Pantry or The Cheesecake company can make nice cakes.

purplegoanna, Sep 11, 8:27pm
thats nice dear.

davidt4, Sep 11, 9:24pm
Rocket Kitchen

bigjules1, Sep 11, 9:48pm
Try Cake Couture (!) in Glendene.I bought a lovely cake from there for my parents 60th wedding anniversary.Great flavour and beautifully iced.

kimkat1, Sep 12, 4:10am
Devine cakes in te atatu also.

mums.toys, Sep 12, 4:58am
leebee35 wrote:
I would never have an Asian cake thanks.I'm requesting "top of the range' cake shops.So nothing cheap.I would rather pay more for quality and design.[/quot

eeeeeew yuck! and i do mean you leebee35, what a hideous thing to say

buzzy110, Sep 12, 5:19am
Decor Cakes - Otahuhu.

buzzy110, Sep 12, 5:20am
Is that Devine or Divine!

sophia4, Sep 12, 6:33am
The Cake Stall in Royal Oak

leebee35, Sep 12, 7:13am
Thanks this is exactly the type of cake shop I am looking for.

kimkat1, Sep 12, 8:00am
Devine Cakes. You can find them on Facebook. Its the trader. Wimwam on here

mums.toys, Sep 13, 4:58am
leebee35 wrote:
I would never have an Asian cake thanks.I'm requesting "top of the range' cake shops.So nothing cheap.I would rather pay more for quality and design.[/quot

eeeeeew yuck! and i do mean you leebee35, what a hideous thing to say

tipsy_bl0nde, Sep 16, 11:04pm
there is the cake box on juliett ave in howick. they make really out there cakes and have photo albums for ideas. i would say best in auckland imho

t.gypsy, Sep 16, 11:44pm
i hope this doesnt turn around and bite you on the butt.

kiwialan, Sep 17, 12:28am
I remember Eves when they were in Manukau Road, Had a shop almost next door. Put on weight like anything! Marvellous food! I've moved and so have they.

urshala, Sep 17, 4:09am
2nd Chocolate Earth, beautiful cakes and taste delicious. They are also on Facebook, with pictures of some of their cakes.

leebee35, Sep 20, 9:10am
ThanksI'll look into this one too.as I havent heard back from the other one yet.

deus701, Sep 20, 9:48am
You can order a cake from skycity, they use top quality ingredients (eg Valhrona) and starts from $150 for a simple 9"

flagheaven, Sep 20, 10:43am
did you have antiques/ second hand !

leebee35, Sep 11, 10:50am
I would never have an Asian cake thanks.I'm requesting "top of the range' cake shops.So nothing cheap.I would rather pay more for quality and design.