How do I flavor a cake or cupcakes with Baileys!

nicwil, Aug 23, 9:15am
Is it as easy as substituting milk with Baileys or is it a whole lot more complicated! I found a cupcake recipe with 2tbs milk so wondered if I can just swap it. Or a recipe for a Baileys flavored cake would be greatly appreciated!

chicco2, Aug 23, 9:50am
I would try your idea of milk to Bailyes. Give it a go.

jessie981, Aug 23, 9:50am

deus701, Aug 23, 10:19am
i think two tablespoon wont make much of a difference. I substituted 150ml of baileys when making muffins, and I recommend care when opening the oven doors.the alcohol will rush out and sting your eyes.

rokido, Aug 24, 10:41am
I made chocolate muffins once and cut the top off and scooped out the centre. Mixed the filling with whiped cream laced with Baileys and re-filled the muffins and put the top back on. Very yummy and went down a treat.

245sam, Aug 20, 11:50pm
nicwil, below is a recipe for a cake that will make use of your Baileys….It is quite a long while since I made the cake however I do recall that our opinions at the time were that while the cake was nice, we would rather drink the liqueur than use so much of it in the cake and somehow lose the Baileys flavour – if you do try this recipe I’d love to know your thoughts.

Robyn Martin’s BAILEY'S CAKE
From Robyn “Cream-based liqueurs don't last forever - they go rancid.This is a good way to use a
cream-based liqueur once its open.
This is more a special occasion or dessert cake.Serve with shot glasses of coffee cream liqueur.”

125g butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup coffee cream liqueur
2 cups flour
4 tsp baking powder

Melt butter in a saucepan large enough to mix all the ingredients.Remove from heat and add sugar and eggs.Mix to combine.Mix in liqueur.Sift flour and baking powder into mixture and fold in.
Baking-paper-line the bottom of a 20cm cake tin and pour in mixture.
Bake at 180°C for 45 minutes, or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
Cool in tin for 5 minutes before turning on to a cooling rack.
Serve warm or cold with Coffee Cream (recipe below), garnished with chocolate-coated coffee beans and accompanied by a shot glass of coffee liqueur.

Coffee Cream:
300ml cream
1 tbsp each ofinstant coffeeandhot water
2 tbsp coffee cream liqueur
chocolate-coated coffee beans

Whip cream until soft peaks form.Dissolve coffee in water.Mix with liqueur and fold into cream.
Serves 8-10 as a dessert cake.:-))