cassandra19, Jun 11, 9:25am
i'm a baker and this is the recipe i use;
200g marg
3 eggs 1 cup sugar
vanilla
2 flat desert spoons baking powder
2 cups flour
milk

cream marg, sugar, vanilla and eggs, add 1 cup flour and mix till smooth. add baking powder and other cup of flour and mix till smooth. add last cup of flour and enough milk to make a smooth batter. spoon into paper muffin muffin cups in muffin tins. cook till cake springs back to the touch.

icing;
2 big spoond of marg
icing sugar till smooth (usually about 2 cups)
flavouring or(and colour till smooth)

sleyle, Jun 11, 10:38am
Why do you use marg?

sleyle, Jun 11, 10:41am
Also, you are saying 2 cups of flour but in the mixing you are adding 3 cups.What is correct?

kiwitrish, Jun 12, 3:20am
Nigella's recipe for plain and choco cup cakes is dead easy and tastes yummy.

heidsguy, Jun 12, 8:38am
The cupcakes in the recipe book Ladies, a plate are really delicious too

marcs, Jun 12, 8:51am
This is nigella lawsons cupcake recipe made in a food processor. Make sure all ingredients are at room temp before you start.

NIGELLA’S CUPCAKE RECIPE

Ingredients:

125g unsalted butter, softened
125g caster sugar
2 large eggs
125g self-raising flour
1 - 2 tsp vanilla extract
5 - 6 tbsp milk

Make sure everything is at room temperature as it is very important for texture.

Preheat oven to 200 degrees fan forced.

Put everything in the food processor except milk and process (less is best). Add milk a tablespoon at a time till right consistency. (you can vary the flavour of the cakes so take out vanilla and add lemon rind and juice, same with oranges or lime. For chocolate flavour take out a tbs of flour and add a tbs of cocoa.

Bake for 15-20 minutes until cooked and golden on top for medium cakes and 8 – 10 minutes for mini cakes.
Icing - My recipe

I have no mesurements but this is what goes in it. Icing sugar around 1.5 cups, A nob of soft butter and hot watter a tbs at a time. Add any liquid flavour before adding water like vanilla or lemon or orange. Kids prefer lemon icing with the above recipe.

meegs35, Jun 14, 6:03am
I have a load of tried and true recipes on my blog www.itsallaboutfamilyandfood.blogspot.com

malcovy, Jun 14, 6:05am
I used the magical orange cake using 2 mandarins and got 20 good sized cupcakes.

soden, Jun 14, 6:11am
OMG use the Masterche Buttermilk Cupcake recipe it is the best ever.Nothing dry about them.Do only us the cup cake cases that come in the pink/red box that have been around for years or they will not be successful!Follow recipe did not adjust in anyway.

kendy2, Jun 14, 10:43pm
Easiest, tastiest recipe ever...
150g butter
150g caster sugar
175g self raising flour
3 eggs
1t vanilla essence
Put everything in bowl and beat with electric beater for 1-2mins until light & creamy. Put into patty cases and bake at 180c for 18-20mins.
So delicious and spongy!
My icing always comes out wrong so you'll have to rely on others for that.

kendy2, Jun 14, 10:47pm
Yum! Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely be making some of your recipes.

nzl99, Jun 14, 11:20pm
Red Velvet... Just made 54 of the suckers... urgh... never want to see another one again!

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2012607954604.2121751.1225939081&l=9bc2d9afabThis is the recipe I use... so simple.

nzl99, Jun 15, 12:21am
And this is how this last mega batch turned out.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=32670454&l=fee6d94c2e&id=1225939081