Anyone got a Classique wall oven Model CL 627SS!

melford, Aug 19, 3:59am
Mine is 3 weeks old and I dislike it intensely.I am having so much trouble with it. I would like to talk to someone has already bought one of these as I am not sure whether it is faulty or just a cheap nasty model. Nothing is turning out as it did in my old oven and the instruction book is useless

leebee35, Aug 20, 11:43am
Correct I have one of these. and they are rubbish. cheap and nasty.

I did stupidly line mine with tinfoil. so it didnt work as the element is under the bottom shelf.

It's as if you have to cook at full temp . and it's still doesnt cook.

Think I will get a new one.

melford, Aug 20, 12:02pm
oh no, that is not what I wanted to hear lol. I have the serviceman coming out next week to see if it is operating correctly. Can you please tell me what symbol you use for fan bake! Traditional bake symbol is useless, muffins don't brown evenly, scones are like rock cakes.

leebee35, Aug 25, 9:46am
Correct. can you believe my luck. Mine has stopped going.I balme you!
I'm thinking I wont get it fixed rather repalce it for once and fo all.

leebee35, Aug 25, 9:48am
The Fan back is the either the 2nd from the end or the last one .but both are crap! I am going to measure it up and out she goes.

melford, Aug 26, 8:31am
leebee35 - serviceman came out today and found out the thermostat was faulty and not working.He said as well as the two ights that were on there was a third one that was not going. The third light is a small one on the control panel diredctly about the temperature knob. It is so tiny and because it never lit up I didn't even know it was there.

leebee35, Aug 31, 8:56am
Lucky you melford you got it fixed.Ive bought a new one.

Do you need my old manual!as it maybe helpful for yah.it clearly describes that it's not fan bake.Rather force bake.hence it will never be that great.

Let me know if you want the manual and I'll put it up for sale.bargin .50cents + postage. lol

melford, Aug 31, 9:12am
thank you for the offer but I have the manual. Oven won't be fixed until next Monday as they have to remove a thermostat from a new oven (in the North Island) to put in mine as the shipment for all the spare parts from these ovens don't arrive until October. I wish I had never bought the thing . Im not a happy chappy I can tell you. Purchased this on July 17th and still haven't got a workable oven!What type of new oven did you go for this time!

leebee35, Sep 1, 9:09am
Got a Westinghouse.fingers crossed.Was installed today so looking fab in the kitchen. I'll keep you posted on progress.

kaddiew, Sep 2, 4:50am
I've had 2 Classique ovens (not by choice) in houses I've owned in the past, and they were absolute crap.There wasn't enough heat coming from the hidden bottom element, and the element in the rear wall fan was useless too. Expensive call outs to fix/replace thermostats etc made no difference. NEVER EVER again.

melford, Sep 2, 7:52am
thanks for that information kaddiew I will keep a close eye on whether there is an improvment once the thermostat is fitted and if not it will be going back

kaddiew, Sep 2, 9:35pm
Best of luck with that Melford. If it were me, I would be demanding nothing less than a full refund under the CGA, since the oven isn't "fit for the purpose.".