Brandy baskets fillings

garfeild101, Aug 17, 4:04am
Im wanting to fill some baskets , my sis usually does whipped cream and fruit,
can i do cheesecake filling at all or icecream
What else can go in these things!
prefer baskets as the snaps/tubes are too fidley to get the filling in lol

jessie981, Aug 17, 4:18am
Don't know how ice cream would go. Think I'd stick to either whipped cream or yogurt with marshmellows & fruit.

kinna54, Aug 17, 4:42am
Cheesecake filling is fine, or a custard, then top with fruit such as grapes kiwi fruit etc, serve with whipped cream piped at the side.

asue, Aug 17, 4:42am
whipped cream with a flake folded thru the cream.Cream & sprinkles, cream and fruit.

lx4000, Aug 17, 5:17am
ice cream would work if you served straight away! Or pre roll your ice cream then put back into freezer till just before serving and decorating up.

eastie3, Aug 17, 7:29am
I dissolve 3tsp Moccona coffee in a little cream then add it to a small bottle of cream,whip it to soft peak stage and freeze it.Fill your brandy baskets with scoops of this coffee cream.
Its also very nice with this easy dessert. into a saucepan :a large tin of Black Doris plums,4 cloves and 1/4 c sugar.Heat through gently for 15mins then remove plums(and discard the cloves) and turn up the heat.Add a couple of nips of brandy and simmer to reduce the syrup by half.Pour the syrup over the plums and refrigerate.Serve with coffee cream and brandy baskets or snaps.Its probably a better warm weather recipe,but we had it recently and it was all eaten up.

duckmoon, Aug 17, 7:53am
lemon yoghurt is nice

bisloy, Aug 17, 8:39am
A light vanilla custard.

rozke, Aug 21, 4:03am
friend of mine made pastry cases or brandy basketsa custard added with crushed pinapple and put a dollop of cream on top. yummmy

margyr, Aug 21, 4:46am
whip cream till firm, add some icing sugar vanilla essence mix altogether and then mix in some marscapone, 1 smll bottle cream to small pot marscapone, this is quite a firm filling, so you could put it in first and then some berries on the top. Or also mix some crushed pineapple into the cream mixture.

kinna54, Aug 21, 8:26am
We had a small party last summer and quite a lot of drink was consumed.
My wife asked me to whip the cream for the Brandy Snaps which I did and filled them also. As I handed them round I announced I had filled them with my "Special Cream" and suddenly all the ladies refused to try them but none would inquire what the "Special Cream" was. It was Baileys Irish Cream. I wonder what the ladies thought it was.

rinny5, Aug 23, 3:17am
Sliced bananas, caramel sauce & whipped cream - mini banoffe pies!

garfeild101, Aug 23, 3:38am
YUMM