I love sauage rolls

chrisynz, Jul 26, 5:39am
does any one have favourite recipes they use - i some times make them but looking for different recipes - mine has sausage meat , onions, mixed herbs, tomato sauce, onion..mixed and put intto pastry/

pam.delilah, Jul 26, 6:09am
this are nice. From Helen Jackson foodlovers

Sausage, vegRolls
Ingredients
• 500g sausage meat
• 2 cups cooked basmati rice
• 1 large carrot, grated
• 2 courgettes, grated
• 1 onion, finely chopped or grated
• 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon choped parsley
• 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
• salt and pepper
• 450g puff pastry sheets
• 1 egg yolk or milk
Method
Preheat oven to 200 C.
Place all ingredients except pastry in a large bowl and mix with your hands ensuring that the sausage meat is incorporated with the rice and vegetables.
Place a long “sausage” along the edge of a sheet of pastry approximately 2cm in from the end. Roll the pastry over the sausage allowing 2cm of pastry overlap. Cut pastry and press to seal. Cut into slices of about 5cm long.
Brush pastry top with egg yolk or milk and arrange on a baking tray. Repeat process with the remaining sausage and pastry.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until pastry is golden and sausage is cooked through
I change the tom sauce for tom relish

moparpete, Jul 26, 8:36am
I mix the sausage meat with 1 teaspoon of mild curry powder, 1 tablespoon of any type of chutney(tomato relish or apricot chutney very nice) and little bit ofgarlic powder, salt n pepper according to taste. Then wrap them up in the flaky pastry and bake.

antoniab, Jul 26, 8:43am
Me too! Havent had them in AGES though!

jessie981, Jul 26, 9:29am
I use sausage meat, beaten egg, grated onion, s & p. pinch curry powder

wildebeest, Jul 26, 9:43am
holy moly me tooo!!! they are so delicious!!!! havent made them before though...i love alison holst ones!!!

janny3, Jul 26, 4:08pm

ferita, Jul 26, 4:15pm
These are nice, they have no meat in them but they taste great
I also add grated cheese and fry 2 onions and add it instead of just one.
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/15818/cottage+rolls

dilligaf_dah, Jul 27, 4:13am
we use our mashed potato left oversadd grated cheese and a tin of tuna to it or corned beef then just fill the pastry very yummy. Vege ones add spinach chopped plus the grated cheeseseason to taste (salt/pepper etc)
very nice and extremely popular

campmother2002, Jul 27, 4:20am
I made Helen Jackson's one that was on Good Morning last week - delicious.We had some left over and had them the next day, felt they were much nicer on the day they were made.Apparently you can freeze them freshly made and then thaw out and cook when wanted, which is what I will do next time.Granddaughters loved them too.

mackenzie2, Jul 27, 4:27am
My are really basic but yummy...
Per pkt of sausage meat, I add 1 finely chopped onion and 1.5 tsp of curry powder, mix all together, then onto flakey pastry, I use the sheets and half them long ways, bake at 220 until golden

mackenzie2, Jul 27, 4:27am
Going to try these, they sound great, thanks

wildflower, Jul 27, 4:56am
I've used a recipe a couple of times that uses Sealord savoury onion tuna instead of meat, really nice.Mixed with breadcrumbs.

chrisynz, Jul 27, 5:39am
does any one have favourite recipes they use - i some times make them but looking for different recipes - mine has sausage meat , onions, mixed herbs, tomato sauce, onion.mixed and put intto pastry/

wildebeest, Jul 27, 9:43am
holy moly me tooo! they are so delicious! havent made them before though.i love alison holst ones!

janny3, Jul 27, 4:08pm

campmother2002, Jul 28, 4:20am
I made Helen Jackson's one that was on Good Morning last week - delicious.We had some left over and had them the next day, felt they were much nicer on the day they were made.Apparently you can freeze them freshly made and then thaw out and cook when wanted, which is what I will do next time.Granddaughters loved them too.

mackenzie2, Jul 28, 4:27am
My are really basic but yummy.
Per pkt of sausage meat, I add 1 finely chopped onion and 1.5 tsp of curry powder, mix all together, then onto flakey pastry, I use the sheets and half them long ways, bake at 220 until golden

wildflower, Jul 28, 4:56am
I've used a recipe a couple of times that uses Sealord savoury onion tuna instead of meat, really nice.Mixed with breadcrumbs.