Baking a whole small pumpkin, ? to fill it with?

dancingqueen62, Jul 25, 11:25pm
My partners away who hates pumpkin, I need a recipe to make this Pumpkina 1 person meal, I thought I'd bake it whole but what do I fill it with, I thought of chicken stock and some cheese but what else?

lx4000, Jul 25, 11:34pm
onion, tomato, tomatoe paste, salt papper, courgette, mushrooms, broc, cauli, peppers, pasta (will cook in pumpkin), beans, corn, your choice:)

rainrain1, Jul 25, 11:52pm
Curried mince,

purplegoanna, Jul 26, 12:09am
ooh there was a nice one on sky cooking yesterday, chciken stock, cream, goats cheese, onion, salt, pepper, mustard, he baked it in the oven then after wards he used a stick blender to turn the insides into a soup mix served in the pumpkini .it looked yum

otterhound, Jul 26, 10:12pm
I remember dad cooking a beautiful curry inside a pumpkin once when I was a kid - served complete with the "lid" on top.

dancingqueen62, Jul 26, 11:25pm
My partners away who hates pumpkin, I need a recipe to make this Pumpkina 1 person meal, I thought I'd bake it whole but what do I fill it with, I thought of chicken stock and some cheese but what else!

dilligaf_dah, Jul 27, 4:07am
fill it with a meatball.loaf recipe and then cook in oven yummy and very very nice cold the next few days.

rozke, Jul 27, 4:27am
My mum used a marrow and filled it with a meatloaf the tastiest meal l have ever had.Wonder if it would work with a pumpkin. Cheers

marree, Jul 27, 5:13am
rozke - just about anything goes - I've used marrow, pumpkin, buttercup, butternut - I mainly fill with mince & spices etc (Middle Eastern style), but very interested re recipes listed above (will try!)

marree, Jul 28, 5:13am
rozke - just about anything goes - I've used marrow, pumpkin, buttercup, butternut - I mainly fill with mince & spices etc (Middle Eastern style), but very interested re recipes listed above (will try!)

guest, Jan 11, 8:11am
You keep it up now, unrdtsdane? Really good to know.

guest, Jan 13, 1:46pm
My fav is a Better Homes & Gardens Recipe: Lemonade Roll. It's the same concept as Pumpkin Roll but obulsvoiy you replace the pumpkin with Lemon. It is light, fluffy & scrumptious. I'm actually going to be making it on Friday for the Visdos family Valentine's Day celebration. : ) I have a photo of it that I will put onto fb since I'm not sure how to post a pic to your blog.