Oil FREE Banana Cake

eikroy, Jul 25, 2:54am
Does anyone have a recipe for a Oil FREE Banana cake.
Eikroy

davidt4, Jul 25, 3:12am
Are you looking for a cake with no fat at all?Or one which includes butter rather than oil?

neele1, Jul 25, 3:12am
bumping lol

eikroy, Jul 25, 9:29am
Butter sounds better then oil

kinna54, Jul 25, 10:50am
I just make the old tried and true Edmonds banana cake, but I make it with margarine. I use bananas straight from the freezer, and usually use 3-4 bananas. It is always delicious, and i have never had a dry cake. Important to remember to check the cooking time, and keep testing with a skewer, don't overcook.
Ps: I always ice with lemon icing, brings out the true flavour of a banana cake.

davidt4, Jul 25, 9:22pm
Banana Upsidedown Cake

Heat oven to 180C.Line 20cm cake tin.

Topping:

50g unsalted butter, melted
60g brown sugar
6 large ripe bananas halved lengthwise

Cake:

125g unsalted butter
230g brown sugar
2 eggs
185g flour
2 ½tsp baking powder
2 large very ripe bananas, mashed

Pour melted butter over base of tin, sprinkle with sugar, arrange bananas cut side down to cover in a single layer.

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs gradually.Sift flour and baking powder, fold into creamed mixture with mashed banana.

Spoon carefully into tin and smooth surface.Bake 45 min or until it tests clean.

Cool in tin 5 minutes before turning out.

korban, Jul 26, 3:00am
Melt 150g butter

Add ¾ c sugar, 2 eggs and 1 teaspoon vanilla essence. Mix well.

Sift 2 c flour, 2 tsp baking powder and ½ tsp baking soda on top of melted ingredients in the pot. Mix carefully then slowly add ½ c milk and 1c (about 2) mashed bananas.

Pour into well greased and lined 20 cm ring tin and bake at 180°C for 30 - 40 minutes.

Ice with chocolate icing once cold.

eikroy, Oct 23, 2:32am
Thanks for the recipes, will give them a go they sound yummy. Here's another request for an oil free carrot cake