Tinned asparagus

griffo4, Jul 23, 10:09pm
l went to buy some tinned asparagus and l couldn't get any at 2 supermarkets so l asked one of the staff and she said that because of the floods in China they are not available as that is where our asparagus comes from
ls this right? and if so yuk

lx4000, Jul 23, 10:16pm
plenty of tinned asparagus here in west aucks!

daleaway, Jul 24, 12:06am
It's been short in Wellington too. Several weeks ago we could not get any at all.

sumstyle, Jul 24, 12:24am
I always check the tins to see what is the country of origin.Same with forzen veges, and it is quite surprising to see what countries are involved.

sam284, Jul 24, 12:27am
I have been struggling to find any brand apart from Budget brand which isn't the best..ended up having to go to a dairy

firemansgirl, Jul 24, 1:09am
Just had to go check the tin of Watties Asparagus in my pantry.... "Wattie's chooses only the finest aspargus from Hawke's Bay, Rangitikei and Manawatu" so not sure why it's in short supply......

griffo4, Jul 24, 6:26am
Yeah l couldn't believe it when it was out of stock in one place and then when l went to the next one and so asked and got that reply l thought l would ask on here l will certainly be reading labels more carefully from now on l took it that it was NZ asparagus