Brigadoon Biscuits.... anyone remember these?

babytears, Mar 20, 8:45am
x8
I remember them when I was a kid... Don't think they're made anymore... . anyone got a recipe? They were so yummy!

jag5, Mar 20, 9:10am
Yep... . also remember the movie... love it. Good old Gene Kelly from memory. Lovely music too

johne21, Mar 20, 7:27pm
Yes I remember these too, I would love the recipe if anyone has it. Wendy:)

roseann48, Mar 22, 4:01am
What did these biscuits have in them ? ?

johne21, Mar 22, 4:03am
coconut, egg, flour? Maybe a few other things? ? ?

bob368, Sep 12, 9:36am
x1
Bumping - I loved them, I look in the bickie isle sometimes hoping they will appear magically - wishful thinking
hope someone has a recipe

babytears, Sep 12, 10:50pm
I'm hoping too bob368!

nigelt74, Sep 13, 4:12am
Sounds more like a Macaroon

mumstu, Sep 13, 4:15am
x1
They were devineeeeeeeeeeeee crunchy and vanillary

nauru, Sep 13, 4:24am
Was it like Melting Moments? This is from an old recipe book.

Melting Moments
100g butter, 75g sugar, 1/2 egg, 1 teasp vanilla, 150g SR flour, Coconut to roll cookies in.
Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.Beat in half a beaten egg and vanilla.Stir in flour and mix well. Roll walnut size pieces into balls and toss in coconut.Place on greased tray and bake @ 180C for 10-15 minutes.

miss_balle, Nov 29, 10:37pm
They were my favourite too !!! i have found a biscuit 99.9% to the taste and its the Buidget Coconut Cookies - BEAUITIFUL !!

miss_balle, Nov 29, 10:42pm
x1
Sorry BUDGET Coconut Cookies (a budget brand)blue and white packet. Here in New Zealand they are marketed by Safeway Traders Ltd. These are by far the closest you will get to Brigadoon guaranteed.

richelle_dick, Mar 11, 7:36am
oh please someone come up with the recipe i have been looking for it for 10 years. they used to be made by either farmbake of griffins and they used to come in the big bag. its so frustraiting the recipe is nowhere!!!!!

guest, Mar 3, 3:32am
You are right, they were awesome. here is a recipe taste very similar. Scottish Shortbread. Melt 8 oz butter, add 8 oz flour, 4 oz cornflour, 4 oz sugar. Bake 150c for 30 mins, less for fanbake, sprinkle with caster sugar when cooked. Happy eating