Plain light cake recipe

Page 3 / 4
survivorr, Aug 13, 4:37am
Baked it today and it is absolutely lovely.Is going to be a favourite mine.I'm going to bake another one tomorrow and take it to work on Monday.I'm sure everyone will love it.

survivorr, Aug 14, 4:37am
Baked it today and it is absolutely lovely.Is going to be a favourite mine.I'm going to bake another one tomorrow and take it to work on Monday.I'm sure everyone will love it.

kiwibubbles, Sep 27, 8:51am
do yo uthink this recipe with the jelly crystals will freeze ok! was thinking of making it this weekend to be decorated for next weekend

kiwitrish, Sep 27, 7:03pm
This cake freezes perfectly.

kiwibubbles, Sep 28, 5:14am
fabulous. Now all i need to do is solve my cake tin dilemma. need a 26 cm by 36 cm cake tin - tried a couple of cake hire places - they don't do them. ANy ideas! iv'e tried most kitchen places. looks like i may ahve to do two small ones and cut to the right size

hezwez, Sep 28, 5:21am
Did you ever try making it agave1! If so, and you like it, would appreciate the amended recipe.

splitty, Sep 28, 8:45am
Maybe you could give this cake tin a try: Auction no. 411043604

kiwibubbles, Sep 28, 9:27am
looks good, but says its bottomless!

turtlet, Sep 28, 9:33am
I made this cake today. Turned out very well.Thanks kiwibubbles.

retired, Sep 29, 3:08am
Made again today.Slab cut in half with lemon curd inside, lemon icing.Bar size and a few cup cakes all from the same mix.Wonderful recipe!

skippie1, Sep 29, 6:56am
Have no lemon jelly, can I use Lime jelly, or will the color look all wrong. Thanks

kiwibubbles, Sep 29, 7:21am
Got the cake tin today from spotlight - yay! Will make this cake this weekend - may have to make two lots cos the tin is bloody huge lol

katienz11, Oct 16, 7:55am
Made this cake today.I doubled the recipe, but it made so much, that I probably didnt really need to.It made a big novelty tin cake, a medium sized cake, and 12 muffins!I used 2 packets of red jelly crystals, and the cake turned out pink, which is what I was wanting, and so I didnt need to add any colouring to it.I also added lemon juice to it, and once out of the oven, coated it with more with a lemon juice and sugar mixture.Then made cream cheese icing with lemon juice - all turned out well.

Im probably not a madeira cake fan though, just a bit too plain for me.

spot20, Oct 17, 6:13am
Made this cake this arvo.so easy and extremely delish.many thanks!

loody, Feb 9, 2:08am
the cake was very yummy - thank you for the recipe :-)

chickybabe4, Feb 21, 11:05pm
Hoping somone will see this being bumped lol,
We have our sons first birthday in the weekend, I was planning on making him a teddy bear cake however the cake tin is quite alot smaller than I'd thought. It measures 23cms wide and 27.5cms long, and it's really not very deep.
I will do cupcakes as well, so how does this sound.make the whole mixture and then pour it 3/4 full and use the rest for cupcakes! How long would I bake the cupcakes for!
Sorry for all the questions lol

chickybabe4, Feb 23, 6:49am
bump, bumpity bump

kiwitrish, Feb 23, 7:05pm
About 15 minutes.

spot20, Mar 22, 2:26am
I have said it before and i will say it again.this cake is fabulous! I made it in a large round cake tin and it took over an hour to cook at 170 .perfectly round and about five inches high.might split it and fill with passionfruit cream icing! a great easy peasy recipe with the taste and looks of hard labour!

supercook, May 27, 10:50am
I made this cake today for birthday cake, lovely cake I had some mixture leftover so made some cupcakes too. The cupcakes were delicious !

supercook, Jun 9, 10:40am
Has anyone tried to half this recipe and make smaller cake!

bullock123, Jun 10, 12:10am
Yes I have halved the cake several times.Just halve everything including Jelly crystals.Bake approx 35-40 min.

supercook, Jun 11, 4:34am
Thanks sometimes you don't want to waste ingredients to have it fail.

fran142, Jun 12, 4:44am
Tray Bake Cake. Preheat oven to 160*fan and butter and line 32x22x5 baking tray. Combine 2cups s.r.flour, 1/3 cup custard powder, 2 cups sugar,1 cup milk, 4 eggs,2tsp vanilla essence, 1/4tsp salt. Pour in 125g melted unsalted butter.Beat altogether and pour mixture into tin and bake for about 45mins. cool & ice . Enjoy!

beechee51, Jul 3, 4:11am
Kiwitrish, your cake is great! Thanks