Denheath Custard Squares

Page 2 / 2
cookessentials, Mar 20, 5:24pm
Well, there you go OP, sadly, no recipe just "opinions"

mackenzie2, Mar 20, 7:15pm
This is the one I have made for years and it is lovely light and fluffy, quiet easy to.
Heat 3 cups milk and 100gm butter Shake the following together in a sealed container till mixed - 4 heaped Tbsps cornflour 6 tsp icing sugar 2 eggs 1/2 cup of each milk and cream. Add to the milk/butter mix and simmer 5 mins till thick, when thick add 1 tsp vanilla. Cool Cook 2 pces of pastry. Put custard between pastry and ice with the following 30gm butter (melted) 1/2 v tsp vanilla, icing sugar and water to mix, sprinkle with coconut.Someone else iced them with a passionfruit icing and said it was delish.

marilyn10, Jul 11, 12:11am
Hi, does anyone have the recipe for custard squares that are similiar to Denheath custard squares. Im dying to make them.

maynard9, Jul 11, 2:30am
While you may make a pretty good substitute - they will never be as good as Lisa's special recipe in my opinion.

It is her late Mum's recipe and would never ever be given away - making them even more unique.

maynard9, Jul 12, 2:30am
While you may make a pretty good substitute - they will never be as good as Lisa's special recipe in my opinion.

It is her late Mum's recipe and would never ever be given away - making them even more unique.

lisa_templeton, Jun 28, 4:22am
Hi guys, Very interesting to read all your posts and opinions. So sorry if you think Donald and I are Dumb or Selfish. I am sorry you think we should give our recipes away... My mum made this very special custard square in a little cafe in pleasant point South Canterbury. People LOVED it and came from miles around. Mum got cancer in 1999 and Donald and I asked her what we could do.. She asked us to take over the business, take the custard square and make her proud... that is what we have tried to do... The recipe has not changed. Its made from scratch and mum would turn in her grave if we ever changed it. Its a good thing every ones taste is different... if we all like the same things life would be very boring! (Also PLEASE be aware that Occasionally problems with taste and texture are caused by outlets not storing or handling the product properly. We can only find out there is a problem if people tell us?) Please feel free to contact me direct with any queries whatsoever... we are just a normal kiwi family running a normal kiwi business and trying to make a very special ladies dream come true. Kindest Regards Lisa My contact details are lisa@denheath.co.nz www.denheath.co.nz or find us on facebook on www.facebook.com/denheath