Looking for a Coconut loaf recipe

Page 3 / 4
gardie, Apr 29, 6:48pm
This loaf actually gets better when it is a day old - I always try to make it a day ahead now.
And I usually put in lemon essence instead of the vanilla.

marcs, Apr 30, 4:30am
Bill grangers coconut loaf recipe is very nice.I add vanilla to mine.

lx4000, Jun 1, 8:01am
Bumping because its a FanTastic recipe!

tazzaboy2, Aug 14, 2:52am
bumping going to try the loaf without eggs and butter.thanks

bev00, Aug 14, 11:10am
want to try these

jtonkin, Aug 14, 11:17am
1 cup flour, 1 cup coconut, 1cup sugar, 1cup milk.Bake 30 mins, beautiful.

zambesi2, Aug 14, 8:32pm
I add chopped up appricots if I have them.Gives it that little something extra.Very cost effective loaf!

lx4000, Aug 14, 8:37pm
Do Not over mix! Just mix and pour into loaf tin. This is the secrete! If I add lemon juice, I don't add van ess. I also add raisins or sultanas.
Great for freezing as I always make a double batch and freeze 1.

pam.delilah, Aug 14, 8:45pm
Coconut Loaf.

1& 1/4 cups coconut soaked in 1 cup of milk for 1 hour. Add 1 cup sugar, 1& 1/4 cup of Self raising flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt , 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, and the grated rind of an orange. 1/2 cup of sultanas are an optional. Place in a lined and greased loaf tin and bake in a moderate oven for approx 1 hour.

luvmykicks, Aug 14, 10:56pm
Heres my two recipes I use:

Coconut Loaf

1 1/2 cups coconut
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup chopped apricots (or other dried fruit)
1 cup milk
1 1/4 cups flour
1 cup sugar

Mix dry ingredients together, add milk and apricots, stir, pour into lined loaf tin for aaprox 40 mins or until done.

Coconut Loaf #2

1 1/2 cups wholemeal flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups coconut
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Mix dry ingredients, add milk and vanilla, bake in lined loaf tin for 45 mins- 1 hour at 180c

Both are delicous, I will make either depending on what sort of flour I have around

whiskey13, Aug 15, 10:33am
Quick Mix Coconut Cake
Sift 1 cup self raising flour and 1 cup dessicated coconut into a bowl. Stir through 2 tsp finely grated lemon rind ( i use orange) and 1/2 cup castor sugar. Add 3/4 cup milk. Mix to combine and pour into a greased and lined 19cm x 8cm x 6cm loaf tin. Bake @180* for 35-40 minutes or until firm. When cool, drizzle with pink glace icing and dust with coconut to serve

elliehen, Aug 16, 2:45am
All was not lost with this one, though.texture was great and I gave it away to a sweet tooth this morning :)BTW it was 'done' at 50 minutes rather than the hour in my oven at 180*C.

whiskey13, Aug 16, 12:34pm
That good to know elliehen, will keep that in mind when i next do a loaf and check at 50 minutes to see if it's done.

jennyfenny1, Aug 19, 1:16am
oh gosh i went through a phase when i was about 12 of cooking coconut loaf on a regular basis and coming home everyday after school and having a slice with custard flavoured yoghurt. ohhhhhhh soooooooo gooooooood i can still remember.

robbo777, Aug 20, 12:43am
I put half the mixture in the tin and then put blobs of jam on it, then put the rest of the mixture on top. That way gey yummy jam blobs in the middle of the loaf.

whiskey13, Aug 20, 4:57am
DONT DONT DONT soak the coconut in my recipe. It soaks up too much milk and then the mixture is like a bread dough and is hard to handle and doesn't rise as well as it should. I tried it a couple of days ago, not good

westigal, Aug 22, 2:21am
Just made sharrs recipe post#2, had no white sugar or vanilla so used raw sugar instead and once mixed stirred thru' 1/2 a pottel of cream cheese .
It lasted a whole 10 minutes out of the oven, was just so yummy.
New favouriterecipe, so easy. Thanks sharr

sharrs, Mar 19, 10:41am
I have an easy peasy one - have made it many times, especially good when the cupboard it looking bare as it doesn't need butter or eggs.

In a bowl mix together 1.5 cups flour, 1.5 tsp bp, 1.5 cups coconut, 1 cup sugar, 1.5 cups milk, 1 tsp vanilla essence.I often add a couple of tablespoons of cocoa powder for a change.Bake at 160-170 deg C for an hour or so.

juliewn, Mar 19, 11:04am
I've used that recipe too Sharrs - excellent for making two or more times the recipe too, for extra loaves. I've sometimes added sultana's or currants too.

indy95, Mar 25, 10:46pm
This comes from " Simply the Best " by Annabelle White and Kathy Paterson "

Moira's Coconut Cinnamon Loaf

2 large eggs
1/4 c oil (not olive)
1 c sugar
250g sour cream
1 1/2c flour
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/4 t salt

Cinnamon Mix

1/2 c coconut
1/4 c brown sugar
2 t cinnamon

Beat eggs until frothy, beat in oil and sugar then add the sour cream and other ingredients. Place half the batter into a large greased loaf tin. Sprinkle over half the cinnamon mixture, add remaining batter then rest of cinnamon mix over top. Swirl through the batter with a knife for a marbled effect. Bake at 180C for 55-60 mins. Stand for 10 mins before turning out.

cap, Mar 26, 12:45am
This one is lovely.I did try making it with dark chocolate chips but I think white chocolate is much better - lovely taste and doesn't ruin the golden colour.

White Chocolate and Coconut Loaf

2 Eggs
200 g Sugar
1 1/2 cups Flour
1/4 cup oil (not olive - I used rice bran)
250 g sour cream (I used light)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
50 g coconut
150 g white chocolate chips (I chopped up buttons - much cheaper)

1. Heat oven to 180 degC.
2. Prepare a large loaf tin
3. Into a large bowl sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add coconut and chocolate.
4. Beat eggs and sugar until frotht, mix in sour cream and then mix in oil.
5. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
6. Pour batter into loaf tin and bake for 50 minutes. Leave to stand for 15 minutes before turning out.

sharrs, Mar 26, 10:41am
Did it have a chance to cool after baking barloo!I usually get the 'when can I eat it' plea from my kids - it does smell lovely doesn't it.

sharrs, Mar 30, 10:37am
Yes, it is a very wet mixture.How did you go this time barloo!Must make another one myself . it's been a couple of weeks lol.

barloo, Apr 21, 9:04am
added lemon juice and the zest along with raisins

OMG And I thought it couldn't get any better! Ha!

mmMmmddrrroooollllssssssssss

Hope you try it with thses added also!

I added 2 lemon juice and zest and some raisins to double the mixture

lx4000, Aug 14, 8:37pm
Do Not over mix! Just mix and pour into loaf tin. This is the secrete! If I add lemon juice, I don't add van ess. I also add raisins or sultanas.
Great for freezing as I always make a double batch and freeze 1.