Chicken mince..

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 2, 9:11pm
i have chicken mince in the freezer i would like to do something with. normally i shape and crumb to make nuggets but feeling like i could be more creative.

Has anyone got any recipes that used chicken mince?

TIA

winnie231, Jul 2, 9:25pm
Sesame Chicken Meatballs
170g single chicken breast fillet, chopped ½ teaspoon fish sauce ½ teaspoon sweet chilli sauce 1 teaspoon lime juice 1 clove garlic, crushed 1 teaspoon shredded basil leaves 2 teaspoons sesame seeds vegetable oil, for deep frying Blend or process chicken, sauce, juice, garlic and leaves until almost smooth. Using hands, roll rounded teaspoons of chicken mixture into ball; roll ball in sesame seeds. Place on tray; repeat process with remaining mixture. Deep-fry chicken meatballs, in batches, until cooked through and browned lightly; drain on absorbent paper posted by cookessentials

Thai Chicken Balls
Makes about 50 walnut sized balls.1 kg chicken mince;80g fresh breadcrumbs;4 spring onions,sliced;1 tbsp ground coriander;50g chopped,fresh coriander;60ml sweet chilli sauce;1-2 tbsp lemon juice;oil for shallow frying. Mix the mince,and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Add the spring onions,ground & fresh coriander;chilli sauce & lemon juice,to taste, mix well. With wet hands,form into evenly shaped walnut-sized balls. Preheat oven to 200c. Heat about 3cm oil in deep frying pan to 180c,or until a cube of bread browns in 15 seconds.Shallow fry the balls in batched over high heat until golden. Bake on baking tray for 5 mins or until cooked through. posted by brianmac

I make homemade
burger patties, nuggets & meatballs out of chicken mince. Definitely a winner in this house. In the food processor put small onion, parsley and 2 slices bread. Process until breadcrumb stage. Add 1 chicken oxo cube, chili powder, paprika, celery seeds or salt, good pinch of vegetable stock, salt and fresh ground black pepper(these are all a matter of taste). Pulse well to mix. Add chicken mince (approx 300-400grms) and process until mixed and ball forms. Wet hands and form into desired shape & size. Cook by frying, bbqing or baking. As meatballs these are great for party food or with pasta & sauce. As nuggets they are good with homemade wedges or chips. posted by ani4abuy

Chicken meatballs as main meal or nibbles
Meatballs: 1½ tbspns oil, 675 grms chicken mince, 1½ teasps grated ginger, 3 chopped spring onions, 1½ teasps minced chilli, 1½ teasps sesame oil, 3 teasps fine breadcrumbs, 1 ½ tbspns oil. Sauce: 1½ cups sweet chilli sauce,3 tbspns lemon or lime juice, 1 ½ tbspns light soy sauce, 1 ½ tbspns chopped coriander. Combine meatball ingredients and roll into approximately 36 small balls. Heat oil in a frypan and cook chicken balls over medium heat for approximately 6-8 minutes until golden brown. Turn frequently. Combine all sauce ingredients. Serve as nibbles or over rice as a main meal. posted by greerg

Thai Chicken Balls ... these are so delicious!!!
They freeze well and I suggest you make double! 500g chicken mince, 1/4 C oyster sauce (60ml), 2 cloves garlic crushed, 1 Tlb self-raising flour, 1 Tlb fish sauce, 1/2 C finely chopped coriander leaves, 2/3 C coconut milk (160ml)......... Oven 200 degrees/180 fan forced. Grease 2 x 12 hole mini muffin pans. Mix everything in large bowl. Place rounded Tlbs of mixture into prepared pans, bake in hot oven for 15 mins or until cooked. Turn out onto paper towels then platter with tooth pick in each & serve warm or freeze and reheat as needed. The balls turn out perfectly using the mini muffin pans. I serve with a Thai dipping sauce made with vinegar, sugar & water to taste with chilli and finely chopped cucumber (skin on & remove seeds) I never not get asked for this recipe when I make them for a gathering.posted by garrick2

winnie231, Jul 2, 9:26pm
Chicken and Lemon Meatballs - Yoghurt Mint Sauce
Using Hands mix 500g chicken mince, 2 cloves crushed garlic, 1c breadcrumbs, 1tsp grated lemon rind, 1tsp fresh lemon thyme leaves, 1 lightly beaten egg and some salt & black pepper together in large bowl. Wet hands and form tbsps of mixture into balls and place on lined tray. Refrigerate for 30 minutes. To make Yoghurt mint sauce; mix 200g plain yoghurt, 1 tbsp shredded fresh mint & 1/4 of a preserved lemon rind together. Now, heat 1tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan and cook chicken meatballs in two batches until golden on all sides and cooked through. Sprinkle with 2tbsp lemon juice, transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with more salt. Serve with the yoghurt mint sauce. posted by valentino

winnie231, Jul 2, 9:29pm
Chicken and apricot roll
cook 20 dried apricots in 1 cup of water & 2 tsp sugar untill all the water has been absorbed. add 1 finely chopped onion, 1/4 cup of fresh bread crumbs, cool.
combine 800 grams of chicken mince, 1/4 cup of fresh bread crumbs, juice of 1 lemon, salt pepper, 1-2 Tablsp water. spread this mixture onto a piece of baking paper, 25cm long X 15cm wide. Spread the apricot filling over the mince and roll up. Put the chicken roll, into a baking dish with the baking paper under the roll. baste with, 1 Tblspn of each, apricot jam, water, soy sauce, a few times during cooking. Bake 45-50 minutes at 180 deg c posted by pickles

Chicken Loaf
What you need 2 teaspoons of oil ½ cup of rolled oats 800 grams of lean chicken mince 1 whole egg, lightly beaten ½ red onion, diced 1 red pepper, diced 1 yellow pepper, diced zest of 1 lemon ½ cup of parsley, chopped 1 cup of corn kernels, fresh 2 tablespoons of sage, chopped salt / pepper What you do Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Paint the inside of a loaf tin with vegetable oil and sprinkle half the rolled oats on the bottom to form an even coating. Into a large bowl, add the mince, egg, onion, peppers, lemon, zest, parsley, corn, sage and seasoning and mix thoroughly. Spoon the mince mixture into the loaf tin, press down firmly, then sprinkle the remaining oats on top. Bake in the middle of the oven for 40 minutes, until golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool on a rack for 20 minutes, slice and serve
posted by hannah.daniels

auntlb, Jul 2, 10:02pm
I use chicken mince in any recipe that uses beef mince

tipsy_bl0nde, Jul 2, 10:06pm
wow those are some fantastic recipes will definitely give them a go :) thanks

winnie231, Jul 3, 9:25pm
Sesame Chicken Meatballs
170g single chicken breast fillet, chopped ½ teaspoon fish sauce ½ teaspoon sweet chilli sauce 1 teaspoon lime juice 1 clove garlic, crushed 1 teaspoon shredded basil leaves 2 teaspoons sesame seeds vegetable oil, for deep frying Blend or process chicken, sauce, juice, garlic and leaves until almost smooth. Using hands, roll rounded teaspoons of chicken mixture into ball; roll ball in sesame seeds. Place on tray; repeat process with remaining mixture. Deep-fry chicken meatballs, in batches, until cooked through and browned lightly; drain on absorbent paper posted by cookessentials

Thai Chicken Balls
Makes about 50 walnut sized balls.1 kg chicken mince;80g fresh breadcrumbs;4 spring onions,sliced;1 tbsp ground coriander;50g chopped,fresh coriander;60ml sweet chilli sauce;1-2 tbsp lemon juice;oil for shallow frying. Mix the mince,and breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Add the spring onions,ground & fresh coriander;chilli sauce & lemon juice,to taste, mix well. With wet hands,form into evenly shaped walnut-sized balls. Preheat oven to 200c. Heat about 3cm oil in deep frying pan to 180c,or until a cube of bread browns in 15 seconds.Shallow fry the balls in batched over high heat until golden. Bake on baking tray for 5 mins or until cooked through. posted by brianmac

I make homemade
burger patties, nuggets & meatballs out of chicken mince. Definitely a winner in this house. In the food processor put small onion, parsley and 2 slices bread. Process until breadcrumb stage. Add 1 chicken oxo cube, chili powder, paprika, celery seeds or salt, good pinch of vegetable stock, salt and fresh ground black pepper(these are all a matter of taste). Pulse well to mix. Add chicken mince (approx 300-400grms) and process until mixed and ball forms. Wet hands and form into desired shape & size. Cook by frying, bbqing or baking. As meatballs these are great for party food or with pasta & sauce. As nuggets they are good with homemade wedges or chips. posted by ani4abuy

Chicken meatballs as main meal or nibbles
Meatballs: 1½ tbspns oil, 675 grms chicken mince, 1½ teasps grated ginger, 3 chopped spring onions, 1½ teasps minced chilli, 1½ teasps sesame oil, 3 teasps fine breadcrumbs, 1 ½ tbspns oil. Sauce: 1½ cups sweet chilli sauce,3 tbspns lemon or lime juice, 1 ½ tbspns light soy sauce, 1 ½ tbspns chopped coriander. Combine meatball ingredients and roll into approximately 36 small balls. Heat oil in a frypan and cook chicken balls over medium heat for approximately 6-8 minutes until golden brown. Turn frequently. Combine all sauce ingredients. Serve as nibbles or over rice as a main meal. posted by greerg

Thai Chicken Balls . these are so delicious!
They freeze well and I suggest you make double! 500g chicken mince, 1/4 C oyster sauce (60ml), 2 cloves garlic crushed, 1 Tlb self-raising flour, 1 Tlb fish sauce, 1/2 C finely chopped coriander leaves, 2/3 C coconut milk (160ml). Oven 200 degrees/180 fan forced. Grease 2 x 12 hole mini muffin pans. Mix everything in large bowl. Place rounded Tlbs of mixture into prepared pans, bake in hot oven for 15 mins or until cooked. Turn out onto paper towels then platter with tooth pick in each & serve warm or freeze and reheat as needed. The balls turn out perfectly using the mini muffin pans. I serve with a Thai dipping sauce made with vinegar, sugar & water to taste with chilli and finely chopped cucumber (skin on & remove seeds) I never not get asked for this recipe when I make them for a gathering.posted by garrick2