Latest Foodtown Magazine. Mince Pies

clair4, Dec 23, 1:44am
Would some kind person, please post the recipe for the mince pie pastry which is in their Xmas issue.Many thanks.

mumto3, Dec 23, 1:46am
will just go find it

mumto3, Dec 23, 1:48am
Is it in the dec/Jan issue - I'm still trying to find it

clair4, Dec 23, 1:52am
The one with all the xmas fare on the cover.I just saw it in Foodtown today, but had no money with me.Thanks mumto3

mumto3, Dec 23, 1:59am
250gm butter, softened
1 C caster sugar
1 egg yoke
2 1/4 cups flour, plus extra for dusting
1 T custard powder

3 cups fruit mince
icing sugar to dust

For pastry
- Cream butter and sugar with electric beater until light and fluffy.Add yolk and beat again

- Sift over the flour and custard powder.Gently fold together until it forms a dough, adding extgra flour if needed.

- Turn dough onto plastic wrap and flatten slightly.Wrap and refrigerate for 30 mins.

- Preheat over to 170 and spray 3x 12 hole mini muffin pansgenerously with oil.

- Roll out pastry on well floured bench to 3mm thickness.Use a 7cm round cutter to cut out pieces.Make sure the underside of each round is dusted with flour before pressing gently into prepared pans.

- Fill each base with mince right to the top of the hole.

- Cut out festive shapes from remaining pastry to decorate the top of each tart.Press gently into place.

- Bake for 18-20 mins or until edges of pastry are turning golden .Rotate the trays during baking so they cook evenly.

- Set aside to cool a little then twist to remove from pan.Cool on a wire rack and dust generously with icing sugar to serve

clair4, Dec 5, 10:08pm
Thank you so much.