Taste mag chocolate torte recipe..

ruby19, Jun 17, 6:19am
HI I am making this for hubby's b'd tomorrow evening & then went and left the recipe at work :-(.
I have most ingredients I think, well this is what I had scrawledon my shopping list.
110g amareti biscuits ( couldn`t find in local foodtown so subbed Wine bis)
450g dark choc
4tbsp liguid glucose
4Tbsp rum
650ml cream

Does anyone have the "how to" part of the recipe, and if you could let me know if I am mssing anything?

Thanks .
Opps should have mentioned it is the current mag

elliehen, Jun 17, 6:24am

ruby19, Jun 17, 6:29am
I have scrolled through the first 7-8 pages and no :-(,but thanks for the tip.

kiwibubbles, Jun 17, 6:32am
was it a recent taste magazine?

ruby19, Jun 17, 6:32am
Suprize suprize good old Delia has an almostidentical recipe, amazingly ( from memory) with the same written instructions. It seems to have more rum, (can't be a bad thing), and more glucose, but less cream, all just slightly different quantities!
http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/chocolate/truffle-torte.html

ruby19, Jun 17, 6:33am
Hi Kiwibubbles it was I think it was the latest one, it had an article with marco white in it.

ttwisty, Jun 17, 7:08am
Truffle torte
Butter, for greasing
110g amaretti Biscuits
450g dark chocolate (70-75% cocoa solids
4 Tbsp liquid glucose
4 Tbsp rum
650 ml cream, at room temperature

Line a 23 cm cake tin with baking paper and grease base and sides with soft butter.
Crush the biscuits and place over the base of the tin.
Break the chocolate into squares and put them ina heatproof bowl, with the liquid glucose and rum. Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water, the leave it until the chocolate has melted and become quite smooth. Stir, then take off the heat and leave the mixture to cool slightly.
In a separate bowl beat the cream until only very slightly thickened. Fold half into the chocolate mixture, then fold that mixture into the rest of the cream. When it is smoothly blended, spoon it into the prepared tin. Tap the tin gently to even the mixture out, cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
Just before serving, run a warm knife round the edge to loosen the torte, then remove from the mould.
To serve, dust the surfaace with cocoa powder and serve with cream

ruby19, Jun 17, 7:45am
Thanks TTwisty that is the one, will let you know how it turns out,
Thanks for your help :-)

rosathemad, Jun 17, 9:33am
I made this last weekend - http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2011/06/dangerous-truffle-torte.html - learn from my mistake and leave it alone until everything is melted (click through to see my meteoritic result). Second time it worked a charm, though and was utterly delicious so definitely recommend it. :-)

ruby19, Jun 17, 9:52am
Thank you for the tips rosthemad, as I have just started to make this, as when I went searching for the rum, realized the "boys" had devoured it all on one of our recent nights in! So hubby had to venture out in to the cold wet evening to purchase some more.
Hopefully mine will turn out as good as yours looks in the pictures.

ruby19, Jun 18, 6:19am
HI I am making this for hubby's b'd tomorrow evening & then went and left the recipe at work :-(.
I have most ingredients I think, well this is what I had scrawledon my shopping list.
110g amareti biscuits ( couldn`t find in local foodtown so subbed Wine bis)
450g dark choc
4tbsp liguid glucose
4Tbsp rum
650ml cream

Does anyone have the "how to" part of the recipe, and if you could let me know if I am mssing anything!

Thanks .
Opps should have mentioned it is the current mag

elliehen, Jun 18, 6:24am

kiwibubbles, Jun 18, 6:32am
was it a recent taste magazine!

ruby19, Jun 18, 6:32am
Suprize suprize good old Delia has an almostidentical recipe, amazingly ( from memory) with the same written instructions. It seems to have more rum, (can't be a bad thing), and more glucose, but less cream, all just slightly different quantities!
http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/chocolate/truffle-torte.html

ttwisty, Jun 18, 7:08am
Truffle torte
Butter, for greasing
110g amaretti Biscuits
450g dark chocolate (70-75% cocoa solids
4 Tbsp liquid glucose
4 Tbsp rum
650 ml cream, at room temperature

Line a 23 cm cake tin with baking paper and grease base and sides with soft butter.
Crush the biscuits and place over the base of the tin.
Break the chocolate into squares and put them ina heatproof bowl, with the liquid glucose and rum. Place the bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, making sure the base of the bowl doesn't touch the water, the leave it until the chocolate has melted and become quite smooth. Stir, then take off the heat and leave the mixture to cool slightly.
In a separate bowl beat the cream until only very slightly thickened. Fold half into the chocolate mixture, then fold that mixture into the rest of the cream. When it is smoothly blended, spoon it into the prepared tin. Tap the tin gently to even the mixture out, cover with plastic wrap and chill overnight.
Just before serving, run a warm knife round the edge to loosen the torte, then remove from the mould.
To serve, dust the surfaace with cocoa powder and serve with cream

ruby19, Jun 19, 2:42am
This was good....... My only issue was it mentions to use a 23cm cake tin, which I did, but I seemed to have too much "filling" so obviously my dish was not deep enough, so ended up making 2.Only problem I then found ( as I had put the whole amount of crumbs) the biscuit mixture was too thick so was still a bunch of crumbs when turned out. But as I said this was easy and tasted great.

ruby19, Jun 20, 2:42am
This was good. My only issue was it mentions to use a 23cm cake tin, which I did, but I seemed to have too much "filling" so obviously my dish was not deep enough, so ended up making 2.Only problem I then found ( as I had put the whole amount of crumbs) the biscuit mixture was too thick so was still a bunch of crumbs when turned out. But as I said this was easy and tasted great.