Pedros, x chch restaurant

iman007, Jun 19, 2:10am
anyone here used to go there?, i made his signature dish a week or so ago,was the most tender lamb i prolly had.Will make itagain! I never ate there or even heard of him, til after the quake, ive heard heaps about him since though.One of those places that i never made it to.

duce3, Jun 19, 2:36am
What is his signature dish?

charlieb2, Jun 19, 3:02am
Yes, we went there once (quite a few years ago now, though) was lovely

macwood2, Jun 19, 8:59am
Would love the lamb recipe too, iman007.

iman007, Jun 20, 2:10am
anyone here used to go there!, i made his signature dish a week or so ago,was the most tender lamb i prolly had.Will make itagain! I never ate there or even heard of him, til after the quake, ive heard heaps about him since though.One of those places that i never made it to.

duce3, Jun 20, 2:36am
What is his signature dish!

kran32, Jun 20, 3:22am
Went there just the once.Ordered the Morton Bay Bugs; ended up with half a bug and a pitiful selection of vegetables - boiled potatoes, steamed carrots and boiled cabbage!I do not expect to get boiled cabbage as a vegetable at a restaurant.The prices were extremely high for the quality of food so alas I only went the once.

iman007, Jun 20, 6:26am
depends how you do your cabbage, i steam mine and i add small pieces of streaky bacon and just before serving i put a couple of dollops of mint jelly through it.Yummy.

pedros lamb shoulder
i got mine from banfields butchery on colombo st in beckenham.
It was on special at $14
this is just part of the shoulder and not the chop part.Mainly just leg bit !
1 piece lamb
put into roasting dish, rub with salt and pepper crushed garlic and rosemary
Add to the pan cup of water and 1/4 cup vinegar.Cook at 150 deg for 3 hours. I think thats the secret in the time, baste occasionally.
melts in ya mouth man.I served mine with hasselback potatoes and a winter mash.
good luck if you try it, the crunchy skin is to die for.My guest gave it 10/10