Bench top convection ovens (drum types)

pog_mo_thoin, Jun 21, 3:41am
Cooked a mean feed in mine last night . spuds and carrots cut thick for the first 15 mins then added some marinated pork steaks for about the last 15 mins and servedup with steamed greens . all up it took about 35 minutes ....it normally takes 30 mins just to heat the normal oven .
anyone else use them or got some other ideas for these type of bench tops ...
i think they're awesome !

cookessentials, Jun 21, 3:44am
Do you mean the glass ones with the motor in the top? I had one, but did not use it often enough, so gave it to Mum. She did roast beef in it on Saturday night which was lovely.

pog_mo_thoin, Jun 21, 3:52am
yep thats the one ... i can see them becoming anothergarage clutterer alrightalong with the magic bullets and the ab monster etcbut i have to say i've used mine heaps . so easy to heat up and use when roasting and grilling etc . and whats good is that they're healthy as well . i do hot chips in mine with only a spoon of oil and they come out lovely .

cookessentials, Jun 21, 4:54am
You can make a cake in them too...if you have the trivet.

nauru, Jun 22, 5:47am
I use mine all the time, all meals and baking too. I bake my cakes on the lower rack and they come out well.Made apple pies today. Rarely use my big oven nowadays as we are only two now so much quicker and more economical to use the bench oven.

janny3, Aug 1, 2:29pm
How do you bake bread in it without it being underdone?
I took it out of the cake tin & baked it on the wire wrack & still it was raw inside.I did a loaf in the big oven & only took 1/2 an hour.What's gone wrong?

vashti, Aug 1, 6:41pm
Which one did you get? They might be good for my son.He works on a farm and cooks things that are quick and easy to cleam up .

dawnay, Aug 3, 2:27am
I have had mine for a few years mostly sitting in the garage!Now and then I give it another go but just cant get the hang of it.Things just take ages to cook and dont look nice at all, or they are dry and tough.Have even looked at sites about them to get help but no,I may just have to give up unless anyyone can tell me what way to hold my tongue while I use it!!

buzzy110, Aug 3, 2:39am
I bought my Easy Cook when they first came out. I am onto my 2nd one and I think it is the most amazing piece of equipment in my Kitchen.

I've never had a loaf of bread cook in ½hr.An hour is more usual unless I'm making sticks, buns or rolls. It is one of those things, like whole legs of mutton, tagines and whole baked salmon, that I always use a proper oven for.

I don't bake cakes much so haven't experimented cooking them in my EC. However, for everything else the EC does everything so much better and much faster.

Note: I don't have a mickey wave so have had to learn how to use my EC.