Who makes their own yoghurt?

Page 3 / 3
popelka1, Nov 15, 8:27pm
I'm living in the hot water cupboard... . it's yummm! and now I can't stop making it! LOL

pickles7, Nov 15, 9:06pm
lol... . popelka... . I got on well with ... . lindi4... recipe, turned out well, it made a very nice cottage cheese, much better than the store bought cottage cheese... . You are lucky your hot water cupboard is warm enough... . I am rapt I have just received a 12 liter bottle, I wanted to store my cider vinegar in, that I am making... . Now I do think by the time you put the milk powder in with the milk the cost dose come up to, the store bought yogurt... ... .

smf, Dec 7, 7:55pm
Easiyo greek n honey yoghurt is beautiful, but we love the lemon flavor best, thinking about freezing some in iceblock moulds.

tai1979, Mar 18, 4:22am
Does anyone know if you can still make yoghart with raw milk that has soured a little? Thanks

lindylambchops1, Mar 18, 7:50am
Does anyone have a Caspian Sea Yoghurt starter for sale with instructions please in the Rangiora or Christchurch area? TYIA

squeakygirl, Apr 11, 1:36am
Uli, do you know where I can get a starter that looks like little bits of rubber? I had it years ago but have not seen or heard of it since. It didn't matter what temperature the milk was and it tasted really good.

didorothy, Aug 11, 1:09am
Thanks janny3 for your recipe. I tried it but it was a bit grainy as someone said can happen if using powdered milk. Not sure how to get it smooooth like the bought Greek kind.

seaweed_7, Aug 11, 5:48am
You actually only need a little of the starter .
We make 8 litres at a time (Big family), we use one easyo starter packet and one kilo of milk powder. Mix with handwarm water and then wrap up the lidded pot with lots of blankets. Tuck it in! Overnight and yum!
You can use bottled milk, but don't use homogenised milk it doesn't work.

seaweed_7, Jan 15, 9:43am
Oh and if you want greek yoghurt use less water when making up the milk from powder, or use some milk powder with your bottled milk.