recipe for couscous

shelley39, Mar 18, 3:59am
I need a recipe for couscous. something suitable to take to a BBQ

245sam, Mar 18, 4:14am
shelley39, have a look at:-

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Community/MessageBoard/Messages. asp
x? id=161095

margyr, Mar 18, 4:28am
grate some carrot, chop finely some onion, if you have some put mint and sultanas add a little oil and stir through couscous, also mint sauce or mint jelly but just a little as you dont want to make it too wet.

shelley39, Mar 18, 7:46am
thanks all I will have a look

matt-wgtn, Mar 18, 7:59am
I chop apricots, chives, nuts, sultanas, capsicum, sometimes a little celery into mine. I sometimes put a little sweet chilli jam or tumeric in as well.

whitehead., Mar 18, 8:47am
i put lemon juice plus rind and currents and spring onion in mine . the currents i cook in the lemon juice mix through then toss in chopped spring onion yummy

rainrain1, Mar 18, 10:23pm
It is also nice with a tin (or tins) of drained chick peas added for a bit of texture

ruby19, Mar 19, 7:18am
I make my couscous with roasted veggies, feta & fresh herbs. Measure 1 cup of cous cous 1 tsp of veggie stock ( I use vegata brand) 1-2 tsp o/oil pour in 1 cup of boiling water ( sometimes I have found just adding a touch more water helps approx 1-2 tbsp extra) cover and let sit for 3-5 min. Fluff with fork. Mean while roast your fav veggies in the oven. I use pumpkin, courgette peppers red onion, use 1-2 tbsp o/oil and I season with 1-2 tsp ras el hanout, when almost cooked stir through 1-2 cloves of garlic and cook for a few minutes longer. Stir through the veggies through the cous cous. When cooled add crumbled feta, a dn fresh herbs. we love mint & corinader. You could always add chick peas, or toasted pine nuts. A nice addition on top is puréed roast pepper & roast garlic sauce, or a tatziki sauce. Try adding griddled haloumi cheese, Yummm! !

ccoffee, Nov 23, 9:13pm
chopped tomato, spring onion and pesto sauce.