Bean recipe?

cheese-mike, Jun 14, 8:03am
I was given some cooked up beans (apparently just a mix of what was in the house, kidney beans, black eyed peas, chickpeas, and some others I can't remember)

I want to make something with them for dinner tomorrow but I have no idea what to make.
It would need to be vegetarian/vegan and google isn't helping come up with any recipes

winnie231, Jun 14, 8:19am
Chilli!!!

winnie231, Jun 14, 8:20am
Or wizz them with garlic, parsley, ... and make patties/not quite falafel ...

cheese-mike, Jun 14, 8:41am
How would I go about making chilli?

I used some of it to make patties last night, but good idea :)

winnie231, Jun 14, 8:57am
Fry off onions & garlic ... add chilli, cumin, oregano, S&P ... cook another couple of mins then add toms, beans, corn, stock .... simmer for a while then taste & season accordingly. This isn't a proper recipe - just a guideline - google for something like the above or use the search function here for a vege chilli .... good luck.

lindylambchops1, Jun 14, 10:00am
WARNING!

BEANZ MEANZ FARTZ!

lol

cheese-mike, Jun 14, 10:46pm
Sounds like a plan :)
Can I stick it in my slow cooker?

winnie231, Jun 15, 12:10am
I don't see why not ... it seems you can cook pretty much anything in a slow cooker these days :)

cheese-mike, Jun 15, 12:51am
Awesome, I think I will throw some veges and the beans + canned tomatoes and spices into the slow cooker for a few hours. Sounds yummy.

Now I just have to decide it serve it with corn chips as nachos or on baked potatoes........ (or on rice/pasta or with bread)
Decisions decisions....

frances1266, Jun 15, 8:40am
Kidney beans have to be soaked and hardboiled for 10 mins before cooking as they can be toxic.

wheelz, Jun 15, 8:53am
She said they were cooked already !