Wild Pork!

Page 2 / 2
chooks67, Jun 13, 4:39am
I reckon, LOL.

ange164, Jun 13, 6:24am
Tonight the leftovers went into bisloys "Pork and chickpeas" dish. I halved the chilli powder, and because I was using tinned chick peas I reduced the liquid. Another hit! yummo! (even if I do say so myself.)

karenz, Jun 13, 6:30am
I used wild pork in the crockpot hangi style - the thread is on here, it was moist and delicious.

uli, Jun 13, 8:40am
Glad you liked it! :)

uli, Jun 13, 9:00am
Lovely video beaker59.
Although I am surprised he cooked that boar the same day?
Maybe only possible because he minced it?

beaker59, Jun 13, 11:34am
Was it same day or next day? I don't age pork that long myself (not that I get a pig that often) how long do you age your Kuni's. Actually did a roast leg of goat from a same day kill a couple of weeks back and that came out really good, we were all starving by the time we ate it mind you.

jaybee6, Jun 14, 8:17am
Rub with garlicand salt.Put in oven bag and put in crock pot and cook all day omg falls off the bone so delish.You dont get the crackle but then that is so bad for you who cares it is the meat that counts.Tried and true from experience.Have had wild pork since of was a young child so have grown up with it. Yuuuuuuuuuuuuum

lucky082, Jun 14, 8:21am
It could be that it was affected by boar taint. It can't be detected until cooking/tasting. It's a musky-gamey-rancid sort of smell/taste.

rachbabe, Jun 15, 8:44am
Yeah it made my stomach turn and turn.... and turn - missed out on trying these recipes a couple of weeks back. Hubby caught 2 pigs on a morning hunt but they won 1st and 3rd place at a local comp - all prize winning pigs become the property of the organizers and are auctioned off. No complaints from me though cause the prize money was very good and I know there will always be another one..
He's going deer stalking next week - can't wait - I love venison :)

uli, Jun 16, 1:25am
I usually peel and cut them up within 2 hours - early in the morning, so it is still cool. Then bag and put in 4 degree fridge for 3 days - then freeze. Same as chicken etc.
Goat and beef I keep for 5 days in fridge before freezing.
Could be longer if you can go down to 1 or 2 degrees - but my fridge won't do that - it then starts freezing on some places, so I don't go below 4 and just cut the time accordingly.

wcpou, Jun 16, 6:21am
Tuscan Seasoning..........

dippychik, Jun 16, 7:41am
My fav easy fix for a moist wild pork roast is cooking it on a bed of slices apples and onions, with a bloody good splash of cider into the bottom of the pan, then roast covered in tin foil.... (off to get a hunk out of the freezer now you've got me thinking about it)

edens_house, Jun 25, 1:05am
I like it ,( skined) cooked slow in a oven bag with a couple if chopped onions a tablespoon of flour salt and pepper and about 1 & 1/2 cups of milk. Makes a lovely gravy and keeps it moist. I have boned stuffed and rolled a leg of wild pork and cooked it the same way and it was awesome.