Dairy free Recipes

manda42, Jun 5, 9:49am
I am after yummy tried recipes for "easy to grab" snacks that are fully dairy free (muffins, slices, biscuits etc either sweet or savoury). I have found lots that are gluten free, but I dont need to go gluten free, So any suggestions will be greatly welcomed.

kiwibubbles, Jun 5, 10:24am
i know you can substitute butter for that olive spread which is dairy free, and replace the milk with lactose free milk or even soy milk. Works quite well. Takes care of the dairy componenet of pretty much any baking with dairy in it.

lx4000, Jun 5, 9:34pm
yip, soy, almond, rice milk, marg which is dairy free, goats cheeses etc toos:)

kendy2, Jun 6, 8:58am
I've never made it before but here's an Alison Holst recipe for Crazy Cake which has no eggs, butter or milk.
1 1/2c flour
2T cocoa
1t cinnamon
1t ginger
1t baking soda
1t salt
1c sugar
2T vinegar
1t vanilla essence
3/4c water
Line bottom of ring tin with baking paper, lightly butter & flour sides of tin.
Measure first 6 ingredients & sift into fairly large bowl. Add sugar & toss to mix. Add oil, then vingear, vanilla & water and stir well with a fork until smooth.
Bake at 190 for 30-40 mins until centre of cake springs back when touched with a finger. Leave cake in tin for 4-5 mins then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar or ice with chocolate icing.

245sam, Aug 10, 8:35am
rj5, the list of ingredients for CRAZY CAKE should read.

1½ cups flour
2 tbsp cocoa
1 tsp each ofcinnamon,ginger,baking sodaandsalt
1 cup sugar
½ cup canolaorother oil
¾ cup water
2 tbsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla

rj5, Aug 15, 8:55am
Can someone please tell me how much oil is in this cake as it has been missed out in the ingredients

frances1266, Aug 15, 9:06am
The recipe is butter free so presuming no fat at all.

kendy2, Jun 6, 8:58am
I've never made it before but here's an Alison Holst recipe for Crazy Cake which has no eggs, butter or milk.
1 1/2c flour
2T cocoa
1t cinnamon
1t ginger
1t baking soda
1t salt
1c sugar
2T vinegar
1t vanilla essence
3/4c water
Line bottom of ring tin with baking paper, lightly butter & flour sides of tin.
Measure first 6 ingredients & sift into fairly large bowl. Add sugar & toss to mix. Add oil, then vingear, vanilla & water and stir well with a fork until smooth.
Bake at 190 for 30-40 mins until centre of cake springs back when touched with a finger. Leave cake in tin for 4-5 mins then turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar or ice with chocolate icing.