Inspiration needed

rema, Jun 2, 1:33am
I have some snitzel out for dinner, wanting to do something different with it
any ideas welcome
TIA

245sam, Jun 2, 2:30am
rema, what do you normally do with schnitzel?Try doing a search here on this Trademe MB using schnitzel as the Keyword and Anytime as the Date posted option and you should find some ideas there, some of which will hopefully be "something different".We usually have schnitzel crumbed or baked in one of two ways - here's one way that is a variation on Beef Olives.....

Baked Schnitzel Rolls
1 packet soup mix (I use French Onion or Oxtail),
1½ cups water
mustard (mild, hot, grainy)
herbs (I usually use dried mixed or thyme but whatever is available & preferred)
toothpicks
and per person: 1 thinly cut beef slice/schnitzel and 1 crustless thinly cut slice bread (white, wheaten, grain…)

In an ovenproof dish mix the soup mix and water, ensuring that there are no lumps. Bring the soup mix-gravy to the boil in the microwave whilst stirring it every minute or so. Allow the gravy to cool.
Lay the meat on a flat surface and quite generously spread each slice with mustard. Place 1 bread slice on each meat slice. Sprinkle the bread with herbs (not too generously). In the same way as one would roll spring rolls, fold the sides of the meat in (if sufficiently big enough) and roll the meat whilst encasing the bread. Secure the rolls with toothpicks. Place the rolls in the gravy and cover the dish.
Bake at 160°C-180°C for 1-1½ hours – the time will depend mainly on the size of the meat rolls.
This is a modification of a recipe where the bread was actually on the outside of the meat roll and I visualised the bread on the outside of the rolls (as in the original recipe) becoming mushy and thickening the gravy rather than being a filling/’stuffing’ for the meat.

Hope that helps.:-))

kinna54, Jun 2, 3:26am
I have some beef snitzel out but have to have a meal in a hurry tonite so will add mine into a quick nasi goreng. You could also do a quickbeef stroganoff, or make beef olives, or steak toasted sammies.

ange164, Jun 2, 3:27am
ours this week is going to be turned into spicy flavored strips and put into wraps with salad for an easy meal.

rema, Jun 2, 3:57am
Thank you all - 245 sam - that sounds lovely and will try that, we normally just have it crumbed, but wanted something different

rema, Jun 2, 9:14pm
Well it was B.... beautiful - many thanks to you all