What's on your Cook Book Wishlist?

Page 3 / 5
deus701, Sep 1, 10:03am
Let me know if you're thinking of selling it =p

Im wanting a book by Edward Notter: The Art of the Chocolatier. but but there is a mistake in the book where it says pie is 1.6180 instead phi. I guess its very anal of me.

voyager4, Sep 2, 1:13am
Nigella Christmas, Jamies 30 Minute meals.

bedazzledjewels, Nov 16, 10:32pm
This new book sounds interesting -
"The Twelve Cakes of Christmas - an evolutionary history with recipes".
http://beattiesbookblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/time-to-make-christmas-cake-timely-book.html

sarahb5, Nov 17, 5:47am
Nigella Christmas - or actually any of Nigella's books - I could quite happily just read them and never cook anything out of them!Actually, might go have a look on Book Depository right now .

tommydog, Nov 18, 5:34am
Feed me now by Bill Granger love his books they are so user friendly and great for everyday cooking.

davidt4, Nov 18, 5:53am
"Feast" is a good read.

samboy, Nov 18, 6:04am
I have a large bookcase full, I keeping thinking why do I need all these cookbooks but every now and then when I think of having a clean out, I put back all the books I think of getting rid of.I have my late mums hand written books, her old Edmonds books from late 1940s/1950s, have probably about a dozen old school recipes books, four boxes full of cut out recipes from magazines etc, plus a bundle which I have cut and pasted from here, all the way to the very latest.Then all the Foodtown, Taste, Dish etc.Three of our son's are chefs and they give me recipes as well.I think Im a cookbook/recipe addict.

lodgelocum, Nov 18, 6:20am
Annabels Free Range In The City

seniorbones, Nov 18, 6:37am
just be careful what you wish for! you will end up like me the books will look nice and all brand new but I have so many and havent used most of them so having to get rid of some to make room for more lol. my favourite at the moment which I have used are the annabell laingbeins latest.

seniorbones, Nov 18, 6:39am
HAHA I should have just copied and pasted your post - ditto here too! but I have no chefs in the family

hollypc, Nov 18, 8:41am
rick stein far eastern odssey my best curry book, an al brown

uli, Nov 18, 10:32pm
Did you all get what you wanted last Xmas!

davidt4, Nov 18, 10:48pm
I got Ottolenghi's "Jerusalem" for my birthday.I intend to spend the Christmas break cooking my way through it.

figjamto, Nov 18, 11:56pm
Anything by Donna Hay or Julie Le Clerk would be my pick

jhan, Nov 19, 12:30am
Some book with tasty savoury dishes using NZ ingredients and no garlic. I think I'll be waiting a century at least.

sarahb5, Nov 19, 1:13am
I got Nigella's Christmas last Christmas so will be using that this Christmas but don't really have any more recipe books I want and definitely don't need any more either.I just don't use that many books to be honest - I have my favourites and stick to them.

elliehen, Nov 19, 1:35am
One of Richard Till's cookbooks had a large black fly sitting on the chocolate cake in the photo.Every time I was browsing near the book in a bookshop, I couldn't resist having a look to see if it was still there.

I think later printings edited it out ;)

elliehen, Nov 19, 1:43am
Love that title!I have an Italian one titled 'Gusto Italiano - Quick and Simple Vegetarian Cooking', by Ursula Feragno.Well worth keeping an eye out for.

elliehen, Nov 19, 4:04am
It will be, for sure.Two of the authors are two sisters from the successful triumvirate who wrote 'The Cook's Garden - For Cooks Who Garden and Gardeners Who Cook'.Third sister, Nancy Tichborne, is the painter and illustrator for that book and others.

gerty, May 23, 8:45pm
I've finally got a new kitchen & I'm looking for wonderful new inspiration. So far on my ultimate cook book collection wishlist I've got:
The Silver Spoon
The Cook's Companion
River Cottage Everyday
The Wagamama Cookbook
What books would you love! I'm keen to add to my wishlist :)

cgvl, May 23, 9:53pm
anything pre 1950's and oddly enough if its handwritten or has comments in it all the better.
I haven't been allowed to browse the bookshops lately so don't know what new ones there are, but that Cooks companion sounds intereseting.

deus701, May 24, 3:12am
Chocolates and Confections by Peter P. Greweling. Been procastinating in buying it. Its from C.I.A so will be a good guide.

Also looking for a good gateaux/cake books. I read a really good one. great pictures, steps, by Fredreric Bau.or someone similar (has french n english instructions).
.unfortunately it was stolen.n I never caught the title of it =((

gerty, May 24, 3:34am
Anyone know any GREAT barbeque books! Gourmet/modern! I'm on the hunt for one of those too.

winnie231, May 24, 4:17am
Julie Buiso's bbq cookbook "Sizzle" is a mouthwatering feast for the eyes & tum! I highly recommend it!
Otherwise "The Great Bloke's BBQ Cookbook" is also worthwhile.

gerty, May 24, 11:00am
Except. I have a lovely new shelf in my lovely new kitchen, all ready for lovely new cook books :)

Thanks for the recommendations - cheers.