What's on your Cook Book Wishlist?

Page 2 / 5
supercook, May 30, 1:51am
Annabel Langbein I bought a copy for a wedding present I hope they liked it. Would love my own copy

jed, Aug 3, 1:48am
Have just purchased a copy of Annabel Langbein's The Free Range Cook from www.thebookdepository.co.ukIt was very reasonably priced at 17pounds which works out to NZ$31 and free shipping.What a great site.I can't wait to receive the book and start experimenting.

davidt4, Aug 3, 2:25am
Claudia Roden's The Food of Spain has just arrived in the mail from Book Depository.My wish list is now fulfilled and I can hardly wait to sit down with it.

elliehen, Aug 3, 3:37am
Here's a Claudia Roden listing with a Start/Reserve of just one dollar for anyone interested in the food of Italy.395623383

"Claudia Roden is a cookbook writer based in the United Kingdom. She was born 1936 in Cairo, Egypt. After completing her formal education in Paris, she moved to London to study art. She is best known as the author of Middle Eastern cookbooks includingA Book of Middle Eastern Food (Penguin Books, 1968), The New Book of Middle Eastern Food (Knopf, 2000, ISBN 0375405062 US edition), The Book of Jewish Food (Knopf, 1997, ISBN 0394532589) and Arabesque Sumptuous Food from Morocco, Turkey and Lebanon (Michael Joseph, 2005)."

bedazzledjewels, Aug 3, 4:51am
But I would like a copy of the French Cafe cookbook.

antoniab, Aug 3, 5:00am
Ive got that River Cottage book and the Wagamama one however Ive never cooked from it lol
I want Madha Jaffreys vegetarian cookbook :)

elliehen, Aug 3, 5:13am
I've just stumbled across an old treasure - "Mackenzie Roundup -More of our Favourites- Recipes from the Mackenzie Country" 1992, 152pp.

meegs35, Aug 4, 9:13pm
Order off amazon.co.uk as the postage is free if you spend 25 quid and the exchange rate makes the books a real bargin.

davidt4, Aug 4, 9:44pm
Postage is completely free from Book Depository, with no minimum order.

jenjen76, Aug 5, 1:28am
I have a borrowed copy of Donna Hay's Classics Book 2. It seems to be my 'go to' book of the moment for sweet things and very glad to have it. It's been "borrowed" for the last 18 months.hope my Sister-in-law doesn't want it back soon :-)

spot20, Aug 5, 1:46am
Nigel Slaters Appetite - love his books!

indy95, Aug 5, 1:52am
Thank you davidt4, you have just made my day ! I have been a Claudia Roden fan since goodness knows when.

spot20, Aug 5, 1:54am
Wouldnt it be fantastic to have a wall full of cookbooks to drool over, just something about them even if you never use a recipe from them!

davidt4, Aug 5, 2:06am
I have a wall full of cookbooks.I don't drool but I do use them.

elliehen, Aug 5, 4:45am
I've got quite a few shelves of them - just part of several walls of books.A cookbook is just another book - good reading, even if you use only one or two recipes from each.or none :)

meegs35, Aug 5, 4:51am
You have to compare prices though as with book depository they can often be a bit higher. I just bought 3 cookbooks off amazon.co.uk.one you can't get here and the other 2 cost $75 each. I paid $62 all up. Pretty good really!

katalin2, Aug 5, 5:48am
Sadly, I have started listing several hundred of my old recipe book collection as we moved to a smaller home with only one shelf for my recipe books- sad to see them go as some I have had since I got interested in cooking at school some 40 years ago! Hard to decide what to keep and what to let go.

lindylambchops1, Aug 5, 6:25am
I'd like to get Allyson Gofton's Country Calendar Cookbook.

lindylambchops1, Aug 5, 6:56am
OH & I would also like Nici Wickes World Kitchen.

nzl99, Aug 6, 7:11am

sandra25, Aug 6, 9:32am
$925 NZ - it will hit my shelves before the end of August! I have 5 copies coming out of the 60 copies coming to NZ.

lodgelocum, Sep 1, 6:43am
Also Annabel L. and Donna Hay.Plus my mums hardcovered notebook of her favourite recipes dated from around 1950's.Pity todays cookbooks are so expensive.

cheeseepoof, Sep 1, 6:54am
Brought this when it first came out for $460us, book is amazing, and really sticks it to things you get taught as a chef.

craig04, Sep 1, 7:39am
I'm looking forward to inheriting my Nana's cookbook one day, Mum has promised me that she will pass it on when she is done with it. Nana had the best whitebait fritter recipe and made the most delicious apple and rhubarb shortcake - actually it would be awesome to publish it as a cookbook, it's full of great wholesome old-fashioned recipes

sandra25, Sep 1, 9:51am
I have it - arrived on Monday. All 23kg's of it. Not book is amazaing - Books are Amazing - all 6 of them!