Getting slow cooker tommorow

t.gypsy, May 16, 10:50am
cascade or something that is suitable for 1 person and is about 30. Now what do i start off with and also what are the things that i need to remember with the slow cooker

harrislucinda, May 16, 11:11am
dontneedextraliquidwhencookingchicken,dont take thelidofftoo often asreducestheheat,makingricepudplacebowlinsome waterwill makerice fluffyprettyeasy tousereally,neverput thecrockbowlintheovengood luckandenjoy

skye7, May 16, 11:20am
There are some excellent recipes on here, simply type slow cooker or crock pot into the keyword space.

Also the Alison Holst slow cooker recipe book is great.

Have fun

t.gypsy, May 16, 9:12pm
thanks guys. looking forward to experimenting with things

beebs, May 16, 9:19pm
dont keep lifting the lid, it adds (i think) close to 30m cooking time everytime you do it, and reduce the liquids, if using your own recipe

t.gypsy, May 16, 9:21pm
well at the moment i am trying to decide beef stroganoff,stew or putting a whole chicken in there and doing it similar to a roast in it.. as i have seen in some threads.

calista, May 16, 9:24pm
Totally agree with Skye on the Alison Holst books - there are 2, a green one and a red one.Also Joan Bishop has writtten a couple as has Robyn Martin, while Allyson Gofton's "Slow" is also popular.

I prefer the Holst books because they have lots of useful hints,but if you want to check before you buyyour local library will probably have some of them.

t.gypsy, May 16, 9:30pm
cool calista I will get the slow cooker today and then next week get the book, I can only allow for one thing at a time lol, but between now and then i will try to experiement with things..

tullyann, May 17, 7:50am
Get a new Pressure cooker instead shorter cooking time and so greatfor corned beef and stews etc yummmmy

t.gypsy, May 17, 9:21pm
well at the moment i am trying to decide beef stroganoff,stew or putting a whole chicken in there and doing it similar to a roast in it. as i have seen in some threads.

calista, May 17, 9:24pm
Totally agree with Skye on the Alison Holst books - there are 2, a green one and a red one.Also Joan Bishop has writtten a couple as has Robyn Martin, while Allyson Gofton's "Slow" is also popular.

I prefer the Holst books because they have lots of useful hints,but if you want to check before you buyyour local library will probably have some of them.

t.gypsy, May 17, 9:30pm
cool calista I will get the slow cooker today and then next week get the book, I can only allow for one thing at a time lol, but between now and then i will try to experiement with things.

t.gypsy, May 18, 12:45am
bumpsie bump how do you adjust to roast meat in it i have seen it on here somewhere you can do that...

lindylambchops1, May 18, 1:05am
I can recommend the Breville Fast Slow Cooker, it is a combination of both Slow Cooking & Pressure Cooking.I am using it daily.Purchased from Noel Leeming in April.Was on a Special Price $179.99.I know this sounds a lot, but you get what you pay for.

t.gypsy, May 18, 1:09am
well if i could get that brand i would :p

t.gypsy, May 19, 12:45am
bumpsie bump how do you adjust to roast meat in it i have seen it on here somewhere you can do that.