Chocolate chip bickies i want to ,can you help

Page 1 / 2
clareo, Mar 31, 7:32am
Nearly the same as above: (Sarah)
http://www.ruthpretty.co.nz/recipes.aspx/Biscuits/neiman-marcus-chocolate-chip-cookies

The absolute best and makes soo soo many - we always freeze half the mix for later. And these taste like Mrs Higgins - yum

radelle, May 15, 11:53pm
make some for the first time i need a recipe for real bickies something that has good substance and when you have eaten one you feel like you had a bickie and don't eat the whole batch nice big chunky cookies what can you recommend thanks

mackenzie2, May 15, 11:59pm
8oz soften butter, 8 oz sugar, beat until creamed, add 1 egg, beat again, then add 12oz flour, 1 tsp cream of tartar and 1/2 tsp baking soda, beat till all combined, add 1 cup choc chippies, mix till combined.
Roll into balls, flatten & bake at 180 until golden on top 10-15 mins oven dependant.

You can leave the choc chips out, add cocoa and peanuts and make peanut brownie bisc, or add sultanas and vanilla and make sultana bisc, or flatten and put an indent with your finger and add jam for jam bisc as well...

radelle, May 16, 12:24am
thank you for that could you please tell me what oz is in cups please i dont have scales

mackenzie2, May 16, 12:40am
Heck I had to google that one
8 ounces is 1 cup

radelle, May 16, 12:42am
lol thanks for that could have done that to thought you might know o9ff the top of your head its much easier when a recipe is in cup measure thanks kindly

kinna54, May 16, 12:58am
and again I will post this: Still recommend it and have great feedback.

Vanilla Biscuits

125g butter
125g sugar
Vanilla essence (few drops)
1 egg
225g flour
1tsp baking powder
50g sultanas ( replace with choc chips if desired)

Cream butter, sugar and vanilla essence together, add egg, then mix in dry ingredients.
Roll teaspoonfuls of mixture into balls.
Put onto greased trays and flatten.
{tip, I flatten biscuits using a rounded bottom glass, lightly dusted in flour. It makes the biscuits a more even shape: no cracked edges.}

Bake 15-20 mins at 190 deg C.

lespat, May 16, 1:43am
I have found that the ready to use choc chips (no matter what brand) are quite tasteless. I now buy a block of Whittakers dark ghana or similar & chop up 4 rows of blocks (get 3 batches of bikkes out of one block). So cost effective and really nice choc flavour.

dlmckay, May 16, 1:51am
125g butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (if you don't have brown sugar, a cup of any ol' sugar works too)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups self raising flour
1 cup choc pieces/chips/whatever

Cream butter, sugars and vanilla.Add lightly beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition.Mix in sifted flour.Add chocolate chips, mix well.Shape into small golf ball sized lumps onto lightly greased trays.Bake at 190-200'C for 10-12 mins.Should be lightly browned when ready.

julie, May 16, 5:09am
many of the recipes on this site are stolen or copied and should be subject to copyright. This site is Monetised and is therefore earning money from publishing material that doesn't belong to them. Unless a recipe is your own invention, you are stealing.

dollmakernz, May 16, 5:39am
This one is great but good luck with only eating one and then stopping! They are really nice and so hard to say no to another! LOL! Oh, and it makes a lot too!
Many Biscuits
500g butter
1½ c sugar
¼c condensed milk
4c flour
4tsp baking powder

Cream butter and sugar and condensed milk.
Add sifted dry ingredients and blend in.
Divide into 4 or more portions as desired.

Variations:
(a) Chocolate Chippies: Add 1 teaspoon vanilla essence and chocolate
chips.
(b) Cherry: Add ½ teaspoon vanilla and or almond essence top with cherry.
(c) Almond: Add 1 teaspoon almond essence top with almond.
(d) Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon or spice and 1/2 cup chopped walnuts.
(e) Ginger: Add 1 teaspoon lemon essence, 1 teaspoon ginger and, chopped
crystallized ginger.

radelle, May 16, 8:14am
thank you all i will be trying some of these and if i can get them to last longer then a packet of bought ones ill be doing well lol

helen.58, May 16, 9:04pm
Everybody loves these. Always getting requests to make them and sell them for $10 a doz a fundraisers and they are the first to sell..
125 gms/4oz butter, 60gms/2oz sugar, 3 tblsp condensed milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla,
125gm/4oz chocolate chunks, 1 cup self raising flour.
Cream butter and sugar, add vanilla and condensed milk. Stir in chocolateand dry ingredients. Roll into balls and flatten with fork. Bake @ 165.C for approx 10 min.
I buy blocks chocolate and cut up.Can use different flavoured chocolate for variety.

radelle, May 16, 11:53pm
make some for the first time i need a recipe for real bickies something that has good substance and when you have eaten one you feel like you had a bickie and don't eat the whole batch nice big chunky cookies what can you recommend thanks

mackenzie2, May 16, 11:59pm
8oz soften butter, 8 oz sugar, beat until creamed, add 1 egg, beat again, then add 12oz flour, 1 tsp cream of tartar and 1/2 tsp baking soda, beat till all combined, add 1 cup choc chippies, mix till combined.
Roll into balls, flatten & bake at 180 until golden on top 10-15 mins oven dependant.

You can leave the choc chips out, add cocoa and peanuts and make peanut brownie bisc, or add sultanas and vanilla and make sultana bisc, or flatten and put an indent with your finger and add jam for jam bisc as well.

dlmckay, May 17, 1:51am
125g butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar (if you don't have brown sugar, a cup of any ol' sugar works too)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 3/4 cups self raising flour
1 cup choc pieces/chips/whatever

Cream butter, sugars and vanilla.Add lightly beaten egg gradually, beating well after each addition.Mix in sifted flour.Add chocolate chips, mix well.Shape into small golf ball sized lumps onto lightly greased trays.Bake at 190-200'C for 10-12 mins.Should be lightly browned when ready.

redslapper, May 17, 2:20am
yum iv just made this one :) just waiting for them to come out of the oven

sarahj1, May 17, 2:38am
These ones are good - the rolled oats makes you feel they are "healthy" (yeah right!) but at least they are nice and chunky and you don't eat half a dozen at one go!
1 cup butter,
2 eggs,
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour,
1 tsp. soda,
1 cup white sugar,
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cups rolled oats, blended in food processor til fine
1 block dark chocolate chopped into chunks (size is up to you!)
1 tsp. baking powder,
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice - optional),

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs one at a time beating well in between each one.Then add vanilla; Mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. (180C)

helen.58, May 17, 9:04pm
Everybody loves these. Always getting requests to make them and sell them for $10 a doz a fundraisers and they are the first to sell.
125 gms/4oz butter, 60gms/2oz sugar, 3 tblsp condensed milk, 1/2 tsp vanilla,
125gm/4oz chocolate chunks, 1 cup self raising flour.
Cream butter and sugar, add vanilla and condensed milk. Stir in chocolateand dry ingredients. Roll into balls and flatten with fork. Bake @ 165.C for approx 10 min.
I buy blocks chocolate and cut up.Can use different flavoured chocolate for variety.

sarahj1, May 18, 2:38am
These ones are good - the rolled oats makes you feel they are "healthy" (yeah right!) but at least they are nice and chunky and you don't eat half a dozen at one go!
1 cup butter,
2 eggs,
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour,
1 tsp. soda,
1 cup white sugar,
1 cup brown sugar
2 1/2 cups rolled oats, blended in food processor til fine
1 block dark chocolate chopped into chunks (size is up to you!)
1 tsp. baking powder,
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice - optional),

Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs one at a time beating well in between each one.Then add vanilla; Mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder and soda. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees. (180C)

radelle, May 19, 1:48am
thank you so much everyone for your ideas am saving this thread so i can experiment and try your recipes they all sound nice i just hope they will turn out for me lol sick of paying over 3 bucks for a 1/4 bag of cookies that taste terrible so might start to make my own!!!!

radelle, May 20, 1:48am
thank you so much everyone for your ideas am saving this thread so i can experiment and try your recipes they all sound nice i just hope they will turn out for me lol sick of paying over 3 bucks for a 1/4 bag of cookies that taste terrible so might start to make my own!

winnie15, Jul 11, 12:56am
i made these last night and they are excellent!
i used 1 cup choc chips and instead of nuts i used 1 cup of coconut .... and trust me they need to be placed 2 inch apart as they spread to about the size of a ' big cookie' .. i made 27 biscuits (9 bis to a tray )and they're a hit!!
i have to guard them cos the teenagers just want to devour them !!!

obsidianwings, Jul 12, 12:38am
I love these:
http://www.theppk.com/2008/10/chewy-chocolate-chocolate-chip-cookies/
Its a vegan recipe, and i'm not vegan so I just put 1 egg in instead of the flaxseeds, and I put cows milk instead of soy milk, and halve the amount of milk.

winnie15, Jul 12, 12:56am
i made these last night and they are excellent!
i used 1 cup choc chips and instead of nuts i used 1 cup of coconut . and trust me they need to be placed 2 inch apart as they spread to about the size of a ' big cookie' . i made 27 biscuits (9 bis to a tray )and they're a hit!
i have to guard them cos the teenagers just want to devour them !