Constructing a club sandwich help needed

Page 2 / 2
rainbowpride, May 14, 2:43am
I make these when I am catering also.I use 3 slices of bread.I add mayo to the eggs with salt and pepper.On the first slice I place egg and ham then I place the second piece of bread on with a little butter and then I place lettuce and tomato with a bit more salt and pepper then the top piece of bread.The I take the crust off and slice it in triangles or fingers. If course you can change the fillings to chicken or smoked salmon and cream cheese.

kinna54, May 14, 3:45am
egg filling: Boil your eggs until hard boiled.(around 7 mins from puttting into the boiling water). Do not overcook as it spoils the colour of the eggs,( whites discolour and yolks go grey.) Once boiled remove the pot from the heat and immediatelyrun under a cold tap for a few mins. This also makes the eggs easier to peel. peel and mash eggs adding salt and pepper, a good knob of butter, dash of milk and a dash of mayo to taste, and give a good spreadable consistency. Remember mayo may sweeten the flavour, so taste as you go, extra drop of milk can be added to thin if too dry. Fresh chives or finely choppedparsley should be added for flavour and colour.Layer your sandwiches in 3 slices, fillings should be colourful, include a few salad ingredients, ham, etc. Cut with an electric knife into quarters or desired size. Your choice as to whether you leave crusts on or off. If quarters leave on, gives you an edge to stand and plate, if crusts are removed then cut lenghtwise.

rosathemad, May 14, 4:52am
And once made, keep covered with a damp teatowel until serving; this will keep them nice and moist. :-)

denshon, May 14, 5:33am
Grating your eggs when hardboiled is easy and you have no lumps, had butter or mayo, salt and pepper , curry powder can be added as well

denshon, May 14, 5:34am
If sammies are cut in quarter, I leave the crusts on but just cut the corners off as to even them up

rchelley, May 14, 5:35am
This cream cheese pate is really nice in the salad layer:

Herbed cream cheese pate:

100 g soft butter
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp sugar
freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup chopped chives (optional)
1/2 cup chopped parsley
250g cream cheese
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp milk

In food processor : Cream soft but not melted butter.Add ingredients one at a time in the given order beating after each addition.

cgvl, May 14, 5:38am
cheese and pineapple.
Use crushed pineapple and drain it (keep liquid.
Grate cheese
mix the two together adding some juice needs to be moist but not wet.
or you could do it using cream cheese.
The cream cheese and apricot I do the same way use either dried apricots or canned ones but drain them first and chop up.
Another I love is cream cheese, apricot and chicken 9you could do this as a club, or chicken and cranberry.

bigsexymack, May 15, 1:26am
hey guys,
Ok l need to know one how to do the eggs for in club sandwiches but then also how to construct a club sandwich.
I am doing some catering for a very small 25 people group (who have cancer) and l am making up the club sandwiches and also baking up some muffins.
Does a club sandwich need to have 3 slices or could l just make up a usual sandwich but cut them into 4.
The fillings l am doing for this week are.
Cheese and Pineapple, Asparagus Rolls, Cream Cheese and Apricot, Vegemite and Lettuce, and lastly egg ham and mayo.
Also if you can help me with the recipe for the cheese and pineapple (like do l need to add anything other than just the cheese and pineapple), and my other cream cheese and apricot.

Thanks in advance for all your help

marcs, May 15, 1:43am
I use 3 slices in each sandwich and put only one filling in between each. Either use butter or something else to make the fillings stick so that they don't fall apart. the combinations sound good. I also do egg and thinly sliced cucumber, Chicken, lettuce and Mayo.