Thai green curry?

mschicca, May 13, 1:23am
Im a newbie at cooking, is there a easy way to make thai green curry?

beaker59, May 13, 1:46am
They really are easy for a beginner you can do them in either a pot or a wok doesn't matter and you won't have to buy too many special ingredients.

jessie981, May 13, 2:17am
Lots of helpful peeps in here. In the mean time go into the message board on lefthand side & key in Thai Green Curry under keyword. Then under date posted put anytime. Recipes there. Enjoy

klc101, May 13, 2:44am
green curry paste,add to meat when cooking, and bamboo or what ever you lke, then add in coconut milk, and simmer away, serve with rice, yummy as !

norse_westie, May 13, 2:51am
I'd be willing to come and do a quality control taste test if you like.

raewyn64, May 13, 4:55am
I buy it in a jar from the supermarket - I cheat but it works for me

retired, May 13, 5:59am
Quick cheats Thai Curry - fry small onion, add your choice of meat,a good shake of fish sauce, coconut cream and simmer away. Not a true Thai Curry but very tasty and quick.

retired, May 13, 6:00am
Sorry left out the Green Curry Paste, about a heaped teaspoon or more to taste.

anne1955, May 13, 6:04am
Hmmmm interested in seeing Fish Sauce in it...making a curry tonight so will be tomorrows meal..I go to my 'pet' asian food shop and buy the right spices..dry fry and or just a little bit of good oil..And sadly my friend that goes to my asain shop in ChCh for me and sends my needs on said that it has gone with the quake..glad I did a big shop and store my spices well last time I was in ChCH...bin inn sells a great range as well...but an Indian or Asian shop do actually sell them cheaper.

nickyd, May 13, 9:50am
Thai Green Chicken Curry (Nigella Lawson)
2 T wok oil (oil, with a few drop of sesame oil, some crushed garlic and grated ginger added)
3 T spring onions, finely chopped
3-4 T Thai green curry paste
1kg chicken thigh fillets, cut into strips about 4cm x 2cm (use thighs not breasts)
1 x 400ml can coconut milk
250ml real chicken stock or enough chicken stock concentrate or cube for 250ml boiling water
1 T fish sauce (nam pla)
About 1 ½ C frozen peas
150-200g frozen green baby beans
3 T fresh coriander, chopped
1 Heat the wok oil in a large saucepan that owns a lid, drop in the spring onions and cook, stirring for a minute or two, then add the curry paste.
2 Add the chicken pieces and keep turning over heat for 2 minutes, before adding the coconut milk, stock (ie, the water plus stock concentrate or cube) and fish sauce, then the frozen peas.
3 Simmer for 10 minutes, then add the frozen green beans to the mix and cook for another 3–5 minutes.
4 Serve with rice or noodles, sprinkling the coriander over as you do so.
Put out a plate of lime wedges for people to squeeze over as they eat.

madibug, May 14, 2:07am
all the recipes i use you heat coconut milk till it seperates then add everything else after that

maryteatowel1, Jun 1, 12:41am
the only major thing to do is to fry off the curry paste

suzanna, Jun 1, 2:15am
You could try thesesites as they are working on mailorder or delivery or pickup in Chch. Also the Indian shop on Durham is open and cheap and fresh as the turnover is huge. There is also a place in Cashel street opposite Superior Motorcycles which I havn't been to yet but they are supposed to be good too. I find out the actual name for you. Cheers
www.asianfoodwarehouse.co.nz/ - Cached - Similar www.grocerysupershop.com/oceania/new_zealand

Edited to add 'Big T supermarket' on Cashel.