Gluten free question

mike_frame, May 11, 6:31am
Hi are eggs GF? Even if the chickens are feed wheat? Also do you know of any magazines out for GF people or celiac?
Thanks

buzzy110, May 11, 6:42am
I'd love to answer this but knowsley will be along pronto to dispute whatever I say.

mike_frame, May 11, 6:47am
im still happy to hear your thoughts buzzy any infor is nice to know

knowsley, May 11, 7:07am
I dispute that.

buzzy110, May 11, 7:13am
I rest my case.

buzzy110, May 11, 7:35am
mike I don't know your time frame but I will post a link to this thread in one of herika's gluten intolerant threads. She checks them daily and will be more than happy to answer the question. You should get an answer that knowsley will not dispute because he only targets me (he is a bully you see) specifically.

Good luck.

mike_frame, May 11, 8:03am
thank you buzzy

angie461, May 11, 9:02pm
yes eggs are gf.

pommyjohn1, May 11, 10:14pm
A good magazine for coeliacs is published quarterly by the Coeliac Society of Nz,you will need to subscribe.This is a great mag full of recipes and ideas and up to date medical info on cd

donnabeth, May 11, 10:33pm
The Healthy Food Guidemarks a lot of recipes 'gluten free' or suitable for coeliacs. They have a website as well as the magazine. People with coeliac disease can have no gluten at all, but people with an intolerance can handle trace amounts. It's important to understand the difference when looking at meal plans.

bedazzledjewels, May 12, 12:05am
There's also a Gluten-free Food Show coming up soon in Auckland. It'll probably go to Chch too.
Enjoy your eggs.

nzbadger, May 12, 5:49am
Auckland 21-22 May
Wellington 9 -10 July
Christchurch 29-30 October

mike_frame, May 12, 6:31am
Hi are eggs GF! Even if the chickens are feed wheat! Also do you know of any magazines out for GF people or celiac!
Thanks

buzzy110, May 12, 6:42am
I'd love to answer this but knowsley will be along pronto to dispute whatever I say.

buzzy110, May 12, 7:35am
mike I don't know your time frame but I will post a link to this thread in one of herika's gluten intolerant threads. She checks them daily and will be more than happy to answer the question. You should get an answer that knowsley will not dispute because he only targets me (he is a bully you see) specifically.

Good luck.

donnabeth, May 12, 10:33pm
The Healthy Food Guidemarks a lot of recipes 'gluten free' or suitable for coeliacs. They have a website as well as the magazine. People with coeliac disease can have no gluten at all, but people with an intolerance can handle trace amounts. It's important to understand the difference when looking at meal plans.

bedazzledjewels, May 13, 12:05am
There's also a Gluten-free Food Show coming up soon in Auckland. It'll probably go to Chch too.
Enjoy your eggs.

herika, May 13, 8:06am
Hi, I will answer in here then bump my thread.
For years I couldnt eat eggs from wheat or pellet fed chooks.I could eat the chicken meat ok but not the eggs.
I disagree totally with donnabeth.I am gluten intolerant (NCGI) and even the tiniest bit of gluten affects me. Melford, who is a Coeliac, says small amounts of gluten is ok.She may eat small amounts of gluten and not have any obvious symptoms, but I can't do that.My symptoms are very obvious, even with the smallest amount of gluten, so I have to make sure I stay totally gluten free.
Many people say that eggs are gluten free because the chicken processes the wheat after eating it....but I reacted adversely so didnt eat eggs laid by wheat fed chooks, and had no probs doing that.Everyone needs to do what they think is best for themselves.
Note: the Coeliac Website says that even the smallest amount of gluten is toxic (e.g. a breadcrumb).

herika, May 14, 8:06am
Hi, I will answer in here then bump my thread.
For years I couldnt eat eggs from wheat or pellet fed chooks.I could eat the chicken meat ok but not the eggs.
I disagree totally with donnabeth.I am gluten intolerant (NCGI) and even the tiniest bit of gluten affects me. Melford, who is a Coeliac, says small amounts of gluten is ok.She may eat small amounts of gluten and not have any obvious symptoms, but I can't do that.My symptoms are very obvious, even with the smallest amount of gluten, so I have to make sure I stay totally gluten free.
Many people say that eggs are gluten free because the chicken processes the wheat after eating it.but I reacted adversely so didnt eat eggs laid by wheat fed chooks, and had no probs doing that.Everyone needs to do what they think is best for themselves.
Note: the Coeliac Website says that even the smallest amount of gluten is toxic (e.g. a breadcrumb).