Page 1 / 4
jessie981, May 9, 8:24am
anyone tried them? Just saw advertised.

uli, May 9, 8:27am
What is it?

lilyfield, May 9, 8:28am
instant mashed potatoes. yuk

uli, May 9, 8:36am
Doesn't sound appealing - but I am sure someone will come in and tell us how very good for "the working mum" all this is... LOL :)
Never mind the taste or nutrition of it.

nfh1, May 9, 8:57am
I have not tried it, but saw it advertised the other day.Not for me as I love mashing potatoes - gets rid of aggression!

bunny51, May 9, 9:14am
I don't think I will try them Lol

lindylambchops1, May 9, 9:16am
How flaming lazy can you get????I hate all that packaged stuff.Can't beat growing your own taters, then cooking them, then mashing them with a dollop of butter or a swig of olive oil, maybe even throw in some chopped parsley or herbs of your choice, grated cheese, chopped onion.YUM!

jenner4, May 9, 9:22am
Oh how bad is that , give me home grown ,cooked and mashed ,chopped red onion , could eat that every night , we even have it with roast taters , winter with the fire going , taters in foil , sour cream chives and grated cheese , heaven

very_hotpants, May 9, 9:24am
Anyfood with starch cant freeze well which means they have added stuff to it and then more stuff for flavour.there will be more than potatoe, salt and milk powder and water. So much for the straming for healthy food!

pickles7, May 9, 9:48am
Mashed potatoes freeze very well. I have frozen mashed potatoes, I heated them in the microwave, they came up as good as the day they went in the freezer. I think I did this because I had a bag of potatoes that were not keeping, rather than have them go to the worms, I thought I would try it. I regularly freeze mashed pumpkin, carrot and parsnip. I look on them as a prepared ready to eat vegetable. I would think it would be very handy for working mothers ....uli....how nasty, some mothers have to work, then go home and do another days work, and then have one more little job to take care of before they can rest. I was lucky my husband did his fare share at home, some won't....

beebs, May 9, 7:25pm
i have used them (not that brand) on one of 'those' nights when i didnt have much time to get something on the table, i have no issue with it in that situation, and there is no waste with them...............

nfh1, May 9, 9:17pm
I think anything which makes it easier for people to cook at home has got to be a good idea.Just like using oven chips to me.

harrislucinda, May 9, 9:24pm
farcheapertobuyyourspudsLookattheprice ,thentheplastictogetridofwhatarewattiesthinking

nfh1, May 9, 9:32pm
Not really about saving money though when you buy prepared vegetables, more about time.

illusion_, May 9, 11:32pm
Seems like a bloody waste of time/money to me. They are cubed, not mashed. You need to cook them then mash them (stean and mash). Only difference I can see there is not having to peel and cut them up first.

kran32, May 10, 1:08am
Instant mashed potato has its place for all of you who have downed this product.My father is 85, my mother has now become unable to cook, so easy meals are what keeps them in their own home.I work full-time and do my best to provide them with home cooked meals but on the days that they cook for themselves, instant mashed potato, a poached egg on top and some sausages with gravy, is quite within my father's grasp.

nfh1, May 10, 2:08am
Circumstances change - years ago when I was working all hours I would never have considered peeling a carrot or chopping cauliflower, just went to the freezer and got a bag out.Now I have time and hardly use frozen vegetables, but who knows what will happen in the future.

_serendipity_, May 10, 2:12am
lol - studies have shown frozen veges to be better for you then the ones that sit on the supermarket shelf. Frozen veges are frozen straight after picking. "Fresh" veges go from farmer Brown, to supplier, to foodstuffs (or similar) then are shipped to your supermarket where they sit another week. Then you buy them and how soon do you eat them? I always choose frozen over "fresh" unless grown myself of course.

pugswal, May 10, 2:17am
These have their place at times- I have used them. Make sure you add hot milk , not cold, and you will get a great result.

motorbo, May 10, 4:50am
better that they buy that than takeaways huh

jessie981, May 10, 4:57am
and have KFC gravy with them. Yum

martine5, May 10, 6:51am
Hey Pickles, this is very interesting, did you freeze them with or without the milk/cream and butter added?

jessie981, May 10, 8:24am
anyone tried them! Just saw advertised.

bunny51, May 10, 9:14am
I don't think I will try them Lol

lindylambchops1, May 10, 9:16am
How flaming lazy can you get!I hate all that packaged stuff.Can't beat growing your own taters, then cooking them, then mashing them with a dollop of butter or a swig of olive oil, maybe even throw in some chopped parsley or herbs of your choice, grated cheese, chopped onion.YUM!