Steam mop

pericles, Sep 23, 3:10am
any suggestion please

cookessentials, Sep 23, 3:53am
I have a Bissell and I am very pleased with it.

vintagekitty, Sep 23, 3:55am
Can you use it ok on polished floorboards?

cookessentials, Sep 23, 4:09am
I think you need to be very careful with wooden floors.

vintagekitty, Sep 23, 4:14am
bummer, may just stick to tying damp towels around the kids and sliding them around on the floor

cookessentials, Sep 23, 4:25am
As far as i am aware, you can still use them, but you have to not let the mop sit for too long in one place. You could always ask at the stores that sell them.

nfh1, Sep 23, 5:25am
I have been looking too and see there is an article in Consumer.I have glanced briefly and they seem to recommend the one sold on TV.But they sell them in pairs - why would you want two - His & Hers Steam Mops!

noonesgirl, Sep 23, 6:05am
Got a Bissell with Fly Buys. Noel Leeming have them for $249, Love it. Give Noel Leeming a ring & ask them re polished floors

alebix, Sep 23, 7:12am
I have heard that the steam can warp the wood.. wood-moisture... dont go...

I was going to get one for our floors but dont want to risk any damage. Some say it wont,but some say it will and the person who said it will, has tried and got warped floors.

cookessentials, Sep 23, 7:28am
I think if that iis if you leave the mop in one place forsome time,but check first.

pericles, Sep 23, 9:37pm
many thanks for your comments

marlin9, Sep 25, 3:53am
Have the one sold on TV - was a gift last year - is beaut so easy to use, I also put dettoll in the water reservoir (I like the smell)

sandra25, Sep 25, 7:36am
I bought one at The Food Show - have only used it once before my sister 'borrowed' it 2 months ago! It removed old stains in the carpet (cat sick and child sick) like magic. Also used it on the polished wooden floors but I wasn't as impressed as the results on the carpet - it looks like new. Want to do the lounge suite and mattresses when (if) summer ever gets here.

rover48, Sep 25, 8:58am
I bought the one that was advertised on TV a while ago and have heart Totara floorbords. I thought I was being careful with it but ended up with several "white" patches on the floors, much to my horror. You have to be very careful not to leave in one place or hover too long. I don't use it any more and gave it to a friend for her vinyl floors. But she tells me it is great to kill the weeds on her tiles outside the front door!!!
Anyone have an idea how to remove the white patches...

mindi1, Sep 25, 8:11pm
I have a Bissell and am pleased with it apart from how wet it leaves the floors. Tis a pain to have to go over it with a towel 20 minutes later.

noonesgirl, Sep 25, 9:15pm
mindi, mine is used on vinyl & fine. Dries fast, no need to towel dry..

marlin9, Sep 25, 10:17pm
never towel dry with mine ever drys real fast

skippie1, Sep 25, 10:33pm
rover48, I have used my steam mop on our hard wood oak flooring and was quick in using it, but still have 3 white tips on the floor. Bummer, not sure how it can be fixed.

mindi1, Apr 17, 12:05pm
Mine is used on ceramic tiles. Seems to emit too much water.