Ideas to do with a bucket of lemons received?

Page 2 / 2
lanks5, May 3, 10:03am
.give them back.

janny3, May 3, 11:09am
I LOVE preserved lemons but my last lot was a recipe in the Foodtown/Coundown magazine & they spoiled.Anyone have a favourite tried & true recipes please?

nzl99, May 3, 9:37pm
HA!I'm glad someone else said it. that was my first thought too.

Preserved lemons would make beautiful gifts for people. buy some nice jars, make some labels. make sure to give a jar to the person who gave you the lemons. and one to me.

beaker59, May 3, 11:29pm
I found they kept better on the tree, just a thought!

antoniab, May 4, 1:27am
See above - Jamie Oliver has a great recipe on his site and ours have not spolied yet and have had them for well over 6 months, opening frequently.

tasmum, May 4, 3:59am
Not one to eat but......if you go to the green godess websitewww.wendylsgreengoddess.co.nz,she has a recipie for making lemon dusters. They sound really interesting. Just something a bit different to use up lemons.

theanimal1, May 4, 5:06am
Salted Preserved lemons
Wash lemons, cut into quarters lengthwise, pack tightly into jars with pure salt (not iodised). Top up with lemon juice and seal tightly, leave to ferment at least a month, shaking occasionally until all of the salt is dissolved. Use in Moroccan and Middle Eastern dishes. We particularly like them chopped into a yoghurt sauce with dried and fresh mint, served with lamb.

whypeata, May 4, 7:49am
would love to keep them on the tree if I had one here in Central Otago but these were a gift from Marlborough.syrup sounds great, and lemon cake, also lemon curd. yum yum .not sure what lemoncillo is so will google it ! = thanks for all your ideas - cheers

whypeata, May 4, 8:23am
Well I've searched it and I WILL DEFINITELY BE HAVING A GO. perfect winter treat I say!

janny3, May 4, 11:09am
I LOVE preserved lemons but my last lot was a recipe in the Foodtown/Coundown magazine & they spoiled.Anyone have a favourite tried & true recipes please!

tasmum, May 5, 3:59am
Not one to eat but.if you go to the green godess websitewww.wendylsgreengoddess.co.nz,she has a recipie for making lemon dusters. They sound really interesting. Just something a bit different to use up lemons.

huna1, Nov 5, 12:34pm
thanks guys will try some of these

kob, Nov 5, 7:11pm
grab some really cool jars/bottles and make some lemon honey or lemonchello and give it away as a xmas gift to people you love.the best present is one made from the heart

lythande1, Nov 5, 7:19pm
Juice them and freeze it for when you need juice. (And the peel)

gilligee, Nov 5, 8:50pm
I think you are going to need some more lemons!

jhan, Nov 5, 9:13pm
Slices of lemon under the skin of a chicken to be roasted.

cgvl, Nov 5, 9:38pm
mine keep fairly well in the vegie bin in the fridge.
I make the lemon cordial syrup but use less sugar and leave out the epsom salts.
nice hot, cold and with either soda water or lemonade

kabbo, Nov 6, 3:40am
yep - my sheep loved lemons too, plus oranges and apples. funny watching chew through a whole one all at once.

jhan, Nov 6, 4:52am
Your post reminded me of the time I fed my cows chillies, that was funny too.

isis., Nov 6, 7:23am
Get a bottle of tequila - goes with lmons perfectly :p

darlingmole, Nov 6, 7:49am
That sounds like a winner for sure!Can't wait until my lemon tree, already in flower,gives me her fruit . I'm so thankful for my few fruit trees in the garden

infinityjrc, Nov 7, 6:18am
you could give some to me.

katienz11, Nov 7, 8:27am
I made lemon delicious slice today, and that used up a fair few lemons.I hadnt made it before, but its been a huge hit today!