Whats a nice Lemon Curd Recipe

Page 1 / 2
2049, Apr 27, 3:48am
Id like a nice Lemon Curd Receipe if anyones got one please

wildflower, Apr 27, 4:06am
Try searching at Cruisine mags website as they had a recipe there for lemon curd ice cream and the curd is the best I've tried.

lindylambchops1, Apr 27, 4:08am
Cuisine!

nzl99, Apr 27, 4:12am
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.1618941513189.2085538.1225939081&l=ac27a46b8f

I used this one in my Baby Lemon Meringue Tarts and it was nice and zingy... not sickly.

wildflower, Apr 27, 4:17am
Yep as soon as I posted that I thought "that's not right".The cold is effecting my limited brain cell ;)

wildflower, Apr 28, 4:06am
Try searching at Cruisine mags website as they had a recipe there for lemon curd ice cream and the curd is the best I've tried.

nzl99, Apr 28, 4:12am
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/!set=a.1618941513189.2085538.1225939081&l=ac27a46b8f

I used this one in my Baby Lemon Meringue Tarts and it was nice and zingy. not sickly.

wildflower, Apr 28, 4:17am
Yep as soon as I posted that I thought "that's not right".The cold is effecting my limited brain cell ;)

2049, Apr 30, 9:50am
Hi NZI99with the Lemon Curd do you know how much Sugar and eggsyou used for the recipe please

kuaka, Apr 30, 10:39am
Nana Reed's Lemon Curd:

Juice of 6 lemons
Grated rind of 2 lemons
2lb sugar
8 oz butter
8 eggs

Put sugar, lemon juice and grated rind of lemon together with butter in a basin over water and bring gradually to boil until sugar dissolved.Whisk eggs and stir in.Stir frequently until thickened.Put into clean jars and seal when COLD.

It is yummy.(Nana Reed was my grandmother and she was a marvellous cook)

nzl99, Apr 30, 9:12pm
Oops!2 eggs and 125gm caster sugar.

2049, May 1, 4:34am
Thank you everyone

kirinesha, May 1, 4:36am
I make this sugar free one - it's brilliant! It makes about 2 cups.

SUGAR FREE LEMON CURD

Ingredients:
1/2 cup lemon juice
2-3 lemons - finely grated rind only (optional)
3 eggs
2 extra egg yolks
1/2 cup Xylitol (or sweetner of choice)
100g butter - chopped

Method:
This is cooked by the double boiler method so mix the following in a bowl or small saucepan which can be placed inside a larger saucepan. 1/3 fill the large saucepan with water and bring to a slow rolling boil.
In the bowl or small saucepan mix the lemon juice, rind, eggs and sweetner together.
Place over/in a the large saucepan of gently boiling water.
Stir well (it will thicken like custard).
When thick add butter and stir well to combine.
Remove from heat, it will continue to thicken as it cools, and bottle. Or cool and put in a container in the fridge.

Note:
Serve on either scones or bread or pancakes or use as a dessert topping....
Allow 10 carbs for the lemon juice

kuaka, May 1, 10:39am
Nana Reed's Lemon Curd:

Juice of 6 lemons
Grated rind of 2 lemons
2lb sugar
8 oz butter
8 eggs

Put sugar, lemon juice and grated rind of lemon together with butter in a basin over water and bring gradually to boil until sugar dissolved.Whisk eggs and stir in.Stir frequently until thickened.Put into clean jars and seal when COLD.

It is yummy.(Nana Reed was my grandmother and she was a marvellous cook)

kirinesha, May 2, 4:36am
I make this sugar free one - it's brilliant! It makes about 2 cups.

SUGAR FREE LEMON CURD

Ingredients:
1/2 cup lemon juice
2-3 lemons - finely grated rind only (optional)
3 eggs
2 extra egg yolks
1/2 cup Xylitol (or sweetner of choice)
100g butter - chopped

Method:
This is cooked by the double boiler method so mix the following in a bowl or small saucepan which can be placed inside a larger saucepan. 1/3 fill the large saucepan with water and bring to a slow rolling boil.
In the bowl or small saucepan mix the lemon juice, rind, eggs and sweetner together.
Place over/in a the large saucepan of gently boiling water.
Stir well (it will thicken like custard).
When thick add butter and stir well to combine.
Remove from heat, it will continue to thicken as it cools, and bottle. Or cool and put in a container in the fridge.

Note:
Serve on either scones or bread or pancakes or use as a dessert topping.
Allow 10 carbs for the lemon juice

bedazzledjewels, May 2, 10:34pm
Bump for more recipes.

whypeata, May 3, 8:13am
How long does this keep for?????

whitehead., May 3, 9:21am
lemon curd that comes in a bottle from the super market its easy just make the short bread cups and cool then spoon the curd into them . people go back for more and cant beleave how easy they are to make

kuaka, May 3, 11:12am
the recipe I've given keeps for quite a while because of the ingredients - not that it lasts long because it's so yummy!

whypeata, May 4, 8:13am
How long does this keep for!

kuaka, May 4, 11:12am
the recipe I've given keeps for quite a while because of the ingredients - not that it lasts long because it's so yummy!

juliewn, May 3, 2:41am
An easy, butter-free way in the microwave. reduce the sugar to your taste too if you want. this is our favourite.

Place in a microwave jug/bowl:

Zest and juice of 3 lemons
1 & 1/2 cups sugar
3 eggs

Whisk well till blended together.

Microwave on high for 2 minutes, whisk again
Microwave for 1 minute at a time, whisking after each minute, until getting thick
Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, whisking again, until thick.

Pour into hot sterilised jars, place lids on and leave to cool.

Keep in your fridge and use within 2 weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-

We love this used as the filling for lemon meringue pies, usually doubling the lemon honey recipe. it gives a better flavour than other fillings I've tried.

Having a jar of lemon honey in the fridge, plus baked pastry circles in the freezer, makes for a quickly made special dessert.

I make this pastry that has an egg in the recipe:

Place in a food processor:

1 & 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
100gms soft butter (room temperature)
Whizz till blended well.
Beat till thick 1 egg and 1 dessert spoon sugar.
Add to processor, pulse to combine well.

Use your hands to form a smooth flattish ball.

Roll the pastry out flat on baking paper, with another piece of baking paper on top of the pastry, and roll through the paper.

I don't use a pie dish - I make two circles on the baking paper lined baking tray, and crimp the edges a little for an attractive look.

Bake at 200°C till cooked through

Slide onto a wire rack and leave to cool.

Freeze till needed if you want.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~-

To assemble, place a pastry circle or circles on a baking paper lined baking tray.
Spread a thick layer of lemon honey over.

Beat 3 egg whites (per circle) with 1/4 cup sugar (or to your taste), till very stiff.
Spread this mix over the lemon honey, so it's covering the lemon honey.

Bake at 200°C till golden.

Making it as a flat 'pie' means it's easy to cut and serve too, and it looks great.
I use a large flat serving dish. and it's good for flat dessert serving plates in the same way as as for pavlova and cheesecake.

cookessentials, May 3, 2:46am
Easy Lemon Curd

5 eggs
3/4 cup caster sugar
grated rind of 1 lemon
2/3 cup lemon juice
125g chilled butter, cut into small cubes

Beat eggs and sugar until pale and doubled in volume. Stir in lemon rind and juice.

Place bowl over a pan of simmering water. Add butter piece by piece, whisking constantly until thick

vampiriousmist, May 3, 9:59am
This sounds so tempting, may just have to buy me some lemons and make lemon curd !

macandrosie, May 5, 9:12am
I found this recipe a whileago but didn't get round to trying it, so you may as well!
Zucchini Lemon Curd (from NZ Gardener 2010 diary")
A sweet way to eat gold courgettes.
This zucchini jam idea from Nelson gardener Kaye Blaker is one of NZ Gardener's most requested recipes. It looks and tastes exactly like lemon curb, but because it doesn't include eggs can be stored in jars in your pantry, Make a zucchini meringue pie - bet no one guesses the secret ingredient,
Ingredients:
1 kg "Gold Rush" zucchinis, or peeled green zucchini, juice and zest of 3 lemons, 1kg sugar, 125g butter.
Method:
Chop courgettes finely and steam till tender. Puree in a food processor. Place the zucchini pulp in a pot with the rest of the ingredients and stir over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved. Increase heat and boil for about 30 minutes, until the curd is thick and creamy like lemon honey. Pour into warm steralised jars and seal