Preserving books

clairen, Apr 22, 6:05am
Can anyone reccomend some good preserving books.

I have "A Year in a Bottle" by Sally wise and just love it.If there are any other great ones like this out there please let me know

elliehen, Apr 22, 6:09am
I was about to suggest you put this on the 'Books' messageboard ;)

sclaredy_cat, Apr 22, 6:12am
My family circle book is years old, and is stained with spices and tomatoes on almost every page. Its organised by season so its great to leaf through looking for what to do with whats cheap at the time. It also has suggestions for using the finished product, which is great if something sounds great but when you actually make it you have no idea what to do with it!

pickles7, Apr 22, 6:12am
http://canningusasupplystore.com/recipes/
"you tube," is worth a visit as well. I have several books but prefer looking on the computer, more up to the minute.

clairen, Apr 22, 6:44am

katalin2, Apr 22, 8:18am
My 1971 University of Otago Extension Studies publications - one is called Preserving; one is Jams and Jellies; and the third one is Pickles and Relishes. I have had them since I was first married- they are falling apart- great information on basic recipes you can alter and explanations of which fruits have pectin etc. I also use Digby Law's book on Pickles and Relishes all the time.

sandra25, Apr 22, 9:23am
Pick, Preserve, Serve - Chris Fortune.

nauru, Apr 23, 4:12am
The AWW Preserves book is a very good one too.I managed to get my copy from TM and use it a lot, some great recipes in there.

elliehen, Apr 23, 6:09am
I was about to suggest you put this on the 'Books' messageboard ;)

pickles7, Apr 23, 6:12am
http://canningusasupplystore.com/recipes/
"you tube," is worth a visit as well. I have several books but prefer looking on the computer, more up to the minute.
Remember if your family won't eat stewed, plums, they won't eat them bottled.

clairen, Apr 23, 6:44am

katalin2, Apr 23, 8:18am
My 1971 University of Otago Extension Studies publications - one is called Preserving; one is Jams and Jellies; and the third one is Pickles and Relishes. I have had them since I was first married- they are falling apart- great information on basic recipes you can alter and explanations of which fruits have pectin etc. I also use Digby Law's book on Pickles and Relishes all the time.