Marshmallow help please

alebix, Apr 22, 4:26am
Hi there,

I have made marshmallow 3 times now. The recipe is very successful and I want to keep using it.
Except, as marshmallow is its very sticky and not very pliable when working with it.

Do you have any suggestions on how to work with it when im trying to make marshamllow easter eggs.

Thanks

margyr, Apr 22, 4:36am
roll in cornflour?

gardie, Apr 22, 4:41am
wet your fingers or use that cooking spray on your hands.Good luck.

alebix, Apr 22, 5:03am
Thanks Gardie, Its so frustrating when it wont do what you want.

malcovy, Apr 22, 6:51am
What about using a piping bag?

alebix, Apr 22, 9:20am
AWESOME never thought of that Malcovy. thanks, will try that tomorrow.

elliehen, Apr 22, 9:35am
Don't know where I saw this - could even have been here.Someone suggested using a hen's egg to make a half depression in a shallow tray of flour, pouring marshmallow gently into the depressions to make half-eggs and then sandwiching them together when set.

alebix, Apr 22, 9:59am
Good idea Ellie, I havent used it but have heard of it.

guest, Apr 22, 9:40pm
I often used the shallow tray of flour but also did a fine layer of cornflour over the top so that the marshmallow 'stuck to the cornflour and not the flour. Cornflour tastes better than flour!

kiwibubbles, Apr 23, 1:49am
yes i've heard of that... a large tray filled with flour. Think it was in one of my mother's very very old australian women's weekly books lol

wildflower, Apr 23, 3:38am
I did this yesteray, recipe in latest Foodtown mag.I dipped them in choc and when set stuck each half together, lovely homemade easter eggs.The floured side is very easy to handle but you need to dust off any excess before coating in choc or else the choc won't stick too well.

margyr, Apr 23, 4:36am
roll in cornflour!

kabbo, Apr 23, 6:36am
yep you are right. was just going to post this. i have made these and they were in the AWW Dinner Party Cookbook I think. Hmm maybe not that one just thinking about it, not really dinner party stuff is it. Might be the AWW Baiscs cookbook which is an excellent book too.

malcovy, Apr 23, 6:51am
What about using a piping bag!

elliehen, Apr 23, 9:35am
Don't know where I saw this - could even have been here.Someone suggested using a hen's egg to make a half depression in a shallow tray of flour, pouring marshmallow gently into the depressions to make half-eggs and then sandwiching them together when set.

kiwibubbles, Apr 24, 1:49am
yes i've heard of that. a large tray filled with flour. Think it was in one of my mother's very very old australian women's weekly books lol

wildflower, Apr 24, 3:38am
I did this yesteray, recipe in latest Foodtown mag.I dipped them in choc and when set stuck each half together, lovely homemade easter eggs.The floured side is very easy to handle but you need to dust off any excess before coating in choc or else the choc won't stick too well.