Anyone cook Thai food?

norse_westie, Apr 22, 2:09am
I am on the lookout for some recipes, particularly vegie based. I have an overabundance of both lemongrass and kaffir lime leaves at the moment so would love to use them up.

jessie981, Apr 22, 2:14am
davids recipe
Green Curry Paste

5 coriander seeds, 5 cumin seeds, 5 white peppercorns, 6 small hot green chillies, chopped, 3 long green chillies, deseeded and chopped, 2 stalks lemongrass, trimmed and chopped, 2 tab chopped galangal, 10 red shallots chopped, 5 cloves garlic chopped, 3 coriander roots scraped and chopped,1 tab fresh tumeric chopped, zest of 1 kaffir lime finely grated, 1 tsp Thai shrimp paste, roasted. Lightly roast coriander, cumin and peppercorns in a dry pan, grind to a powder. Wrap shrimp paste in foil and roast until fragrant. Pound all ingredients in a mortar (or in a small food processor) until very finely ground.
davidt4 (177 )6:51 pm, Thu 31 Mar #9

Also go into the lefthand message board & put Thai food. Then under date posted put anytime. Other recipes there. Happy eating. Love Thai, my fav.

elliehen, Apr 22, 2:18am
And if you put davidt4 in the search field you should get a lot of her other authenticThai recipes :)

jessie981, Apr 22, 2:27am
Yum wish she lived near me. I'd be happy to sample her wares.

norse_westie, Apr 22, 2:48am
Ahaha. Thanks. I did the search but forgot to change the date posted part and only got in the past 24 hours. Doofus!

jessie981, Apr 23, 2:27am
Yum wish she lived near me. I'd be happy to sample her wares.

moonshadowpops, Apr 21, 10:33am
green curry paste to try thanks

norse_westie, Apr 21, 9:44pm
Oh yum. We've been eating a fair bit of Thai recently. I have to remove all seafood/fish sauce/pastes though, but its still delicious. The kids love the color, taste and texture.

geldof, Apr 21, 10:10pm
Home made curry pastes freeze really well too.