Anyone tried the Brevile Fast Slow Cooker?

marky_sparky, Apr 18, 4:31am
I've seen these in the stores - it's both a slow cooker and a pressure cooker.http://www.breville.com.au/products_detail.asp?prod=538

Has anyone tried it and can recommend it, or not?Thanks

max10, Apr 18, 5:38am
looks interesting, I have two of their slow cookers and they are so much better than any of the other brands I have had, have a few breville products and find them all really good and long lasting, I even have mums old breville food processer and its fab Im dreading they day it stops working as the new ones are just so tinny not like this heavy 45 yr old one

marky_sparky, Apr 19, 4:31am
I've seen these in the stores - it's both a slow cooker and a pressure cooker.http://www.breville.com.au/products_detail.asp!prod=538

Has anyone tried it and can recommend it, or not!Thanks

sampa, Apr 25, 10:21pm
Yes, I have one as of nearly two weeks ago (early mothers day pressy since they were $70 cheaper than the normal RR of $250.I am a kitchen gadget freak but this is fast turning out to be my favourite appliance!Last night I adopted Nigella Lawsons Asian Braised Beef recipe and all I can say is - why didn't I make more?Tender, tasty, fast and very user friendly!It has a braise option too with I've used two times so far and that works really well (sometimes I'm a dubious about appliances that seem to have too many different functions).Sometime this week I'll try the steaming function and at some pointI will use it as a slow cooker (I have one already but it's really huge and only good when the mood strikes me to cook up a massive amount of pea and ham soup for freezing).

Ironically I only saw your post because I popped in to check out threads re pressure cookers since I'm still in the learning phase.Bottom line is that so far I can highly recommend this product!

sampa, Apr 25, 11:11pm
Opps, sorry, I meant it has a saute option too (I said braise option... which of course it has as well).No matter how I word this it seems confusing but I'm sure you know what I was trying to say.

lindylambchops1, Apr 26, 1:17am
Yes, hubby just bought me one a week ago.Love it!Love the combination of Slow Cooking & Pressure Cooking.Easy to use.Especially love the Saute function to brown meat or vegetables before cooking.Mine was purchased from Noel Leeming, they had it on a special price.Meat is so succulent & tasty.Cooking time is 70% less with the Pressure Cooker function.Yes Highly Recommend this product!

sampa, Apr 26, 10:21pm
Yes, I have one as of nearly two weeks ago (early mothers day pressy since they were $70 cheaper than the normal RR of $250).I am a kitchen gadget freak but this is fast turning out to be my favourite appliance!Last night I adapted Nigella Lawsons Asian Braised Beef recipe and all I can say is - why didn't I make more!Tender, tasty, fast and very user friendly!It has a braise option too with I've used two times so far and that works really well (sometimes I'm a dubious about appliances that seem to have too many different functions).Sometime this week I'll try the steaming function and at some pointI will use it as a slow cooker (I have one already but it's really huge and only good when the mood strikes me to cook up a massive amount of pea and ham soup for freezing).

Ironically I only saw your post because I popped in to check out threads re pressure cookers since I'm still in the learning phase.Bottom line is that so far I can highly recommend this product!

sampa, Apr 26, 11:11pm
Opps, sorry, I meant it has a saute option too (I said braise option. which of course it has as well).No matter how I word this it seems confusing but I'm sure you know what I was trying to say.