Ice Tea

maynard9, Nov 19, 1:17am
I have been trying to recreate my own Ice Tea trialing different varieties of tea bags. Haven't quite got there yet. I like a citrus type theme. Has anyone got a favourite they are happy to share - I am hoping we are going to get a summer at some stage and will need this when I get tired of water. Thanks

darlingmole, Nov 19, 1:19am
I like dilmah, ice cold, with a slice of lemon (and ice cubes) and yeah, on the same page as you re the weather!

maynard9, Nov 19, 1:22am
Gracious - a response already - thanks for that - will give it a try. do you make a big batch at a time?

campmum, Nov 19, 1:23am
My son & his mates were mucking around with a recipe to find the perfect ice tea. . they mixed in lemon squash with strong tea. . not sure what quantities, but it was a winner amongst their peers... goodluck

pam.delilah, Nov 19, 1:25am
Homemade Iced Tea
INGREDIENTS
Serves 6 to 8
6 English Breakfast teabags
2 pints/1. 2 litres boiling water
10fl oz/275ml freshly squeezed orange juice, chilled
squeezed juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 orange, sliced
1/2 lemon, sliced
2 level tablespoons caster sugar
about 12 sprigs of fresh mint
plenty of ice
METHOD
• Firstly make up some very strong tea (use a ceramic teapot wherever possible) using the teabags and boiling water. Add the caster sugar and about a third of the mint and then give it a good stir. Leave to infuse for 15 to 20 minutes.
• Remove the tea bags and leave the tea until completely cold. Remove the mint sprigs.
• Part fill a large jug with ice and pour the cold tea into it. Now top up with the freshly squeezed orange juice, the lime juice and another third of the mint sprigs. Finally add the orange and lemon slices and then give it a really good stir.
• Serve the iced tea in tall glasses with lots of ice, decorated with a slice of lemon and small sprig of mint.

maynard9, Nov 19, 1:30am
Gosh you ladies are really onto it today aren't you. Thanks everyone for your quick replies. Now - by Lemon Squash - do you mean that thick cordial type - hmm - trying to remember the brand - fancy it is a something & something title. You can also get a low calorie one.

pam.delilah, Nov 19, 1:31am
another nice one

Lime Mint Iced Tea

simple iced tea, with a twang of lime and hint of mint. It's both sweet and tart at the same time. The lime juice will be much better flavoured if freshly squeezed.
INGREDIENTS:
• 1 quart water, boiling
• 4 tea bags
• 1 3/4 cups fresh mint leaves
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 1/4 cup lime juice
PREPARATION:
Mix tea bags, mint and sugar in hot water, and let steep for 15 minutes. Strain out the tea bags and mint leaves. Chill and add lime juice before serving.
Serves 4

nthwest, Nov 19, 1:50am
How about "Sun Tea" (If we ever get some sun)
My ex boyfriend taught me this one, he is American and they have special sun tea pots which you can buy in the USA. I use a really tall glass jar, fill it with water, place tea bags (preferably with a string on them) over the lip of the jar just touching the water and place a lid on top. Put the jar on your lawn in a sunny spot for a few hours and then chill the contents in the fridge. Tea is just amazing made this way. You can add sugar, juice, lemon... whatever you like to it. It's all in the way that the tea is undisturbed using only the sun's energy and the water to make this.

campmum, Nov 19, 1:57am
Yes. . It is the schweppes lemon cordial or barker & halls

bo0tsey, Nov 19, 6:25am
I used a Melon and something flavoured tea, make it with a teaspoon of honey and let it cool (one cup ratio) very tasty!

510, Oct 25, 10:59am
Just found this recipe do you make the tea with cold water