How to ripen Feijoas please?

survivorr, Apr 16, 4:50am
Just bought some today at the supermarket and they're quite firm.I've tried (in the past) putting them in a paper bag in the hot water cupboard because that was supposed to work but it didn't seem to be much help.Just thought someone on here might know some way to get them soft enough to eat.

nfh1, Apr 16, 5:10am
Add an apple to the bag, leave at room temperature.I saw a sign in the supermarket yesterday which advised this.

survivorr, Apr 16, 6:12am
Thx.Done.:)

jcprotea, Apr 16, 7:16am
i had this trouble when I went to make jam. They were really firm. So I microwaved the lot for 2 mins on high without them going soggy. They were just right for muffins and jam.

angrus, Apr 16, 8:49am
you brought some!! i have around 10kg in buckets i have picked off one tree, have to get organized and do some baking or they are going to go to waste!!

jcprotea, Apr 16, 10:30am
I had to buy mine as well as I don't know anyone with a tree. I make jam and muffins with mine.

shellbell13, Apr 16, 11:04am
I didn't think people picked them.Don't they fall to the ground when they are ripe.I have heaps here if anyone wants some near Blockhouse Bay.I am getting about an ice cream container a day at the moment and my kids are getting a bit sick of them.