Does your supermarket sell Panko?

cap, Apr 10, 3:49am
Ours did but it has vanished so I went to the local New World and a Woolworths and they don't see it either.Bit annoying as I had only just started using it and it seems to be mentioned a lot on cooking shows so I thought maybe it would be becoming more popular.Guess I was the only one buying it lol!

skippie1, Apr 10, 4:48am
What is Panko?, never heard if it, please tell me what you use it for.

trademequeen, Apr 10, 4:54am
I found some at Davis Trading. Our New World used to have it but not any more.......not very good at getting anything in special so I didn't bother even asking them to.Maybe Binn Inn stoes may stock it or Moore Wilson.Otherwise online somewhere!!!I know its a real pain tracking some down. It's all I use for crumbing so don't do a lot at the moment....trying to make my last packet last!!!:)

trademequeen, Apr 10, 4:55am
They are light crisp breadcrumbs. :)

245sam, Apr 10, 4:59am
skippie1, Panko are Japanese breadcrumbs.

cap, I haven't checked lately at our local New World but I did last week at both Countdown and Pak n Save.Although I have seen them at one of our Chch PnS, I couldn't see even an empty space on the shelves at the Pns I was at then, but at Countdown I could see where the Panko crumbs would normally be - unfortunately they were sold out.:-))

seniorbones, Apr 10, 5:00am
none up here on the kapiti coast, even tried meditaranean warehouse but I suppose they are japanese not med!! must try Moorewilsons next time I'm down that way. Cookessentials may sell them? I'm nearly out of the chocolate cocoa I get from her so will ask when I order.

jaz8, Apr 10, 5:13am
Our New World does here, but I've never bought them.

cookessentials, Apr 10, 5:41am
Moore Wilson has the Panko crumbs in two sizes if anyone ever needs them, am happy to send them anywhere.

maxwell.inc, Apr 10, 6:02am
Countdown Pram has heaps of them.. International shelves in the isle just past the hot chicken thing.I was in there on Friday morning and there was at least 1 dozen bags.

loopydog, Apr 10, 7:07am
John's fish market in Petone has them

cap, Apr 10, 7:17am
Next time I am in Petone I'll pop in to Davis Trading or John's Fish Market.I just hate how supermarkets keep dropping lines or when a new product comes in it takes them ages to stock it.

illusion_, Apr 10, 8:21am
Our New World does too. They also sell a Korean brand called "Bento" (yellow pkt, red writing). Both in the "international" section

cookessentials, Apr 10, 9:01am
Maureen, Moore Wilson has them in two packet sizes...they are in the asian section here in Masterton, along with the dried mushrooms, rice wine, palm sugar and the like.

jayc14, Apr 10, 9:07pm
Seniorbones - Waikanae New World has plenty, although I have noticed they go out very quickly....

obsidianwings, Apr 10, 9:39pm
They have it at Warkworth New World in the international section.

timturtle, Apr 10, 10:12pm
x1
I used these last night on Blue Cod and they were fantastic, it will be the only way I'll cook Blue Cod again

kiwiscrapper1, Apr 11, 3:19am
oh thankyou...I have tried there and even asked and they looked at me as if I was an alien but will check again tomorrow. once you have tried them you wont got back tonormal breadcrumbs again...unless you dont have panko!

bearskin, Apr 11, 4:32am
Foodtown doesn't seem to have them any more. Agree, they are a revelation. Seem expensive at first, but the results are worth every cent.

skippie1, Apr 11, 9:34am
Thanks, and yes I have used those, I buy them at our local Asian store, just didn't know that they were called Panko.

lilyfield, Apr 11, 10:03am

astra7, Apr 11, 11:39pm
Aren't they the best.I found them with the Asian food in New World

schnauzer11, Apr 16, 1:17pm
Any Asian supermarket has it.Ain't it the bomb?