Goat chops

Page 2 / 2
beaker59, Apr 4, 10:07am
I saw that and will be watching for sure.

Actually Billies are OK to eat only reason allot of people avoid them is the stench on the outside(they pee all over themselves) the meat inside isn't too bad really. Also in a flock there are a couple of mature stinky billies but several lesser specimens of the male goat species who seem to repress thier sexual urges and get nice and fat and not particularly stinky(I call them the teenage boys) they are among the best eating of all. The mature billies are sought after by the Indian community I am lead to believe.

dollertree, Apr 4, 7:26pm
As above they are very good to make curry.not much fat either.

jessie981, Apr 4, 8:28pm
Still not convinced elliehen. Guess we al have different tastes. I couldn' teat duck or rabbit either. Have a good day. Off to work.

anne1955, Apr 4, 8:38pm
Goat Great meat, use to get it from a firend when I lived in Western Australia and young leg of goat roasted was nicer than any lamb yes sadly even NZ lamb As for rabbit that's great as well but be buggered if I am paying 20.00 each for them from the butchers.And nothing wrong with duck either.oh if I could find a hunter, fisher, gather'er I could fall in love, well ok maybe I am getting carried away but I know we'd be able to eat well.

elliehen, Apr 4, 9:52pm
jessie, I'm not a goat-eater either.I've had four-legged friends who were goats and I don't eat friends -or their relatives ;)

alby100, Apr 4, 11:27pm
Go Jamamcian, Curry Goat.

uli, Apr 5, 12:09am
And what would that be? After keeping goats for over 20 years I am always keen to learn new things!

uli, Apr 5, 12:24am
Obviously never been hungry jessie - which must be a good thing - being able to pick at food is a real privilege not many generation have had.

isis., Apr 5, 2:12am
there were gooood.

Cassaroled them with lots of ginger, garlic and rosemary.

yum as :) converted, tho... I do think I prefer lamb

lythande1, Apr 5, 2:36am
I've eaten: beef, lamb, pork - wild as well, ostrich, kangaroo, wallaby, crocodile, buffalo, goat,venison, horse, huhu grubs, and all sorts of birds. Not fond of goat. personal tastes vary.

jessie981, Apr 5, 4:01am
you're very adventurous lythande. I couldn't branch out & sample any of your extras.

lissy73, Apr 5, 5:04am
Yum. goat.

davidt4, Apr 5, 5:55am
I make a version of Rogan Josh with Halal goat leg meat and it is wonderful.It needs longer cooking than lamb leg- maybe 4 hours at a low temperature.The flavour of the meat is mild and sweet.

uli, Apr 6, 12:09am
And what would that be! After keeping goats for over 20 years I am always keen to learn new things!

isis., Apr 6, 2:12am
there were gooood.

Cassaroled them with lots of ginger, garlic and rosemary.

yum as :) converted, tho. I do think I prefer lamb

lythande1, Apr 6, 2:36am
I've eaten: beef, lamb, pork - wild as well, ostrich, kangaroo, wallaby, crocodile, buffalo, goat,venison, horse, huhu grubs, and all sorts of birds. Not fond of goat. personal tastes vary.

jessie981, Apr 6, 4:01am
you're very adventurous lythande. I couldn't branch out & sample any of your extras.