Cinnomon oyster experts

Page 2 / 2
beewee, Mar 31, 1:59am
What are cinnamon oyster tins!What shape are they!

kinna54, Mar 31, 5:45am
Did you drop them on the floor when you took them out of the oven! *No. laughing aside, that's what you do, same as in making a sponge cake. It releases the air through the mix, and yes momma 1 is correct with the tin style. glad you had success 3rd time round. 10/10 for perserverance.Well done!

indy95, Mar 31, 5:50am
That's good to hear! The only problem is she and her workmates might expect a regular supply from now on. Better keep practising.

caro25, Mar 31, 6:13am
lol i think my food keeps them going some weeks lol the don't miss out at alllol

macandrosie, Mar 31, 8:56am
Made some years ago & after many failings I discovered a couple of things... never use fresh eggs! (I found a nest of eggs the hens laid under our hedge, I think the eggs would have been at least 2 weeks old!) shocking eh?! And also have the eggs at room temperature, never from the fridge. They were the best I've ever made! There's no need to drop them from a height. And don't open the oven door while cooking.

kuaka, Mar 31, 9:50am
yes, and before I had a Kenwood Chef (which I rarely use I'm ashamed to say) I used to cream all my cake mixes with just a wooden spoon, and was doing just that one day when there was a weird noise and the mixing bowl cracked and half of it fell on the floor depositing the mixture all over my feet.I was left holding just the top 3 inches of the bowl.I think I might have said a swear word or two.

kinna54, Mar 31, 10:49am
hey caro don't feel bad. was in catering, and cooked for years and went to make custard. inedible! don't know what I did lol. didn't think anyone could stuff up custard ! but it happened. amazed even me. so it happens to us all. lol.

caro25, Mar 31, 9:35pm
lol i broke my only glass bowl yesterday melting choc i must of had water to high in pot put it in andoops so glad it didnt break in half as i had no more chocpudding with the family was great for my 9 year old for her birthdaynice roast then choc cheese cake , mini pavs, cinnamon oysters, chocolate log, ice cream and jelly

falcon-hell, Mar 31, 10:04pm
havent read all the other posts,but i use really really old tins that nana gave me and they are quite shallow,and they always turn out perfect,when i have used muffin tins i have found they come out nowhere as good,food for thought?

macandrosie, Apr 1, 8:56am
Made some years ago & after many failings I discovered a couple of things. never use fresh eggs! (I found a nest of eggs the hens laid under our hedge, I think the eggs would have been at least 2 weeks old!) shocking eh!! And also have the eggs at room temperature, never from the fridge. They were the best I've ever made! There's no need to drop them from a height. And don't open the oven door while cooking.

kuaka, Apr 1, 9:50am
yes, and before I had a Kenwood Chef (which I rarely use I'm ashamed to say) I used to cream all my cake mixes with just a wooden spoon, and was doing just that one day when there was a weird noise and the mixing bowl cracked and half of it fell on the floor depositing the mixture all over my feet.I was left holding just the top 3 inches of the bowl.I think I might have said a swear word or two.

falcon-hell, Apr 1, 11:04pm
havent read all the other posts,but i use really really old tins that nana gave me and they are quite shallow,and they always turn out perfect,when i have used muffin tins i have found they come out nowhere as good,food for thought!

macandrosie, Apr 3, 6:18am
I managed to buy a cinnamon oyster pan from the warehouse the other day, I didn't even think they were still around! Stoked!

macandrosie, Apr 4, 6:18am
I managed to buy a cinnamon oyster pan from the warehouse the other day, I didn't even think they were still around! Stoked!