New Pasta Maker Machine

popeye333, Mar 18, 5:00am
Ive never tasted fresh pasta. Never made it before.

I got the recipe off the master chef webpage.

Anyone have any tips and ideas for making pasta?

I usually just make a cheesy bacon dish , macaroni cheese type thing. Using spirals.
Would Fettucciniebe a good one to use? I assume thats the wider strands of pasta.
Novice eh.

geldof, Mar 18, 6:46am
try making your pasta first.take your time, so the dough is silky and smooth.
cut it into whatever shapes/ lengths you want and set aside under a tea towel.
you can also freeze fresh pasta, and cook it straight from frozen. only takes minutes.

a very easy sauce to start with is simply to melt some butter in a pan til its frothy then add some chopped fresh sage (dried would probably be fine).cook for a minute. the sage goes crispy.
pour this over your cooked drained pasta.
lovely with steak, chops etc, or on it's own for lunch or entree.

I find a cheese sauce is quite heavy with pasta, and tend to use more herbs, veges, tomatos etc.

another easy one is to fry a little bacon and onion, add chopped zuchini or frozen peas or asparagus. cook til still crispy add splash of wine if you like. s & p
and some evap. milk or cream.
cook pasta, drain and add to sauce.sprinkle with parsley or basil can add cherry tomatos.

pasta is great for making a meal out of leftovers.

popeye333, Mar 19, 5:00am
Ive never tasted fresh pasta. Never made it before.

I got the recipe off the master chef webpage.

Anyone have any tips and ideas for making pasta!

I usually just make a cheesy bacon dish , macaroni cheese type thing. Using spirals.
Would Fettucciniebe a good one to use! I assume thats the wider strands of pasta.
Novice eh.

geldof, Mar 19, 6:46am
try making your pasta first.take your time, so the dough is silky and smooth.
cut it into whatever shapes/ lengths you want and set aside under a tea towel.
you can also freeze fresh pasta, and cook it straight from frozen. only takes minutes.

a very easy sauce to start with is simply to melt some butter in a pan til its frothy then add some chopped fresh sage (dried would probably be fine).cook for a minute. the sage goes crispy.
pour this over your cooked drained pasta.
lovely with steak, chops etc, or on it's own for lunch or entree.

I find a cheese sauce is quite heavy with pasta, and tend to use more herbs, veges, tomatos etc.

another easy one is to fry a little bacon and onion, add chopped zuchini or frozen peas or asparagus. cook til still crispy add splash of wine if you like. s & p
and some evap. milk or cream.
cook pasta, drain and add to sauce.sprinkle with parsley or basil can add cherry tomatos.

pasta is great for making a meal out of leftovers.