Electric yoghurt maker

entiretech, Dec 5, 10:31am
Hope this is the right place for this question.I am after an electric yoghurt maker (lent my one to my father who ended up breaking it) but I can't seem to find any new ones in the stores.Does anyone know where I can buy a new one of these from (keeping an eye on Trade Me as well but would prefer a new one if possible)?I am in Christchurch.Thanks.

lilyfield, Dec 5, 6:37pm
lucky me has both. Also prefer my electric one. the pots are interchangeable. Sorry its not for sale, and I don't know where to get one. Mine came out of a second hand shop years ago.

lenart, Dec 5, 8:16pm
Breville makes electric yoghurt makers http://www.breville.com.au/products_detail.asp?prod=453
Try ringing Breville and ask if any shop near you stocks it. They are usually helpful. In the meantime you can use your oven and keep the temperature around 42C for 3-4 hours when making yoghurt or wrap the jar with blanket (the milk should be heated to 42-45C).

entiretech, Dec 5, 8:24pm
Thanks for the tip.I'll give Breville a call and see how I get on.

245sam, Dec 9, 7:21am
entiretech, how did you get on re the Breville yoghurt maker?:-))

lenart, Dec 10, 6:39am
Yea, interesting to know too. :)

virea, Dec 10, 7:20pm
I have been wanting a electric one as well and have come to the conclusion that they are not available in NZ. I rang breville a few weeks ago and they dont have them here.wonder how much it would cost to get one sent from Australia.

lilyfield, Dec 10, 8:12pm
next best solution:
one cardboard box, one smallest size old electric blanket in working order, rolled up to a size so your joghurt container fits in it nicely. Put box in garage- plug in, setting on 2, leave 10 hours. Cheap+effective.

I used to do this in bed- until the day I jumped on top of it. made rather a mess.

245sam, Dec 10, 9:35pm
entiretech and virea, I have an electric yoghurt maker that I do not want.It was given to me a number of years ago and I have never used it - making my own yoghurt then just didn't appeal to me and now because we have a caravan and do not stay away on-power, I have the no-electricity-needed type which I am very happy to have and use regularly.I will happily list the electric yoghurt maker later today.:-))

245sam, Oct 15, 11:11am
Now listed.:-))