Electric Jugs

pinkrose, Jul 15, 6:06am
Not really a recipe question... . . but can anyone recommend an electric jug that is quiet and shuts off as soon as the water boils (rather than creating lots of steam and then shutting off). Thanks in advance

rua69, Jul 15, 6:18am
Look for one where you can see the element and keep it free of scale. We have a cheap plastic job from the supermarket (it is our plan B) that's almost silent compared to our rowdy expensive Zip with concealed element, and it shuts off quickly, too.

pinkrose, Jul 15, 6:36am
That's interesting - sounds like a cheaper one might be better than one of the pricier models. Thanks for the advice.

rua69, Jul 15, 6:43am
I like upright jugs. We used to have an old Russell Hobbs but got the Zip after I got tired of getting my fingers scalded by steam coming out around the lid under the handle.

carbon_trader, Jul 15, 9:14am
I got one of these.

http://www.dualit.com/products/15-litre-jug-kettle/black

pickles7, Oct 29, 5:43pm
We buy the cheap one from the Warehouse, and just before the expiry date for thewarranty runs out , , , , , yep, , , we get a new one. lol ... four years three jugs. The first had a two year warranty the next two jugs only one year. Unfortunately this last jug has us beat, been going well, and is out of warranty... . darn it