Can you get pictures of someone printed on a cake

pr0ud-mum-of-1, Mar 14, 4:16am
Im looking at getting a cake made for my mums 40th next month and was wondering if anyone knew if you could get a picture put on a cake, i know what i mean but its hard to explain, im wanting a picture of my mum n grandma who passed away? is it possible

teddy147, Mar 14, 4:30am
ring around a few cake deco places, even try new world

kinna54, Mar 14, 4:48am
Yes. I have had cartoon pictures doneat both pak'n'save and New World.(in manawatu and in Napier.) so I'm sure that a photo should be ok. They have a machine that somehow does it.You have to give them a few days notice. I had an awesome one done for my hubby's 50th.

jessie981, Mar 14, 5:05am
Choice Cakes 251 Riccarton Road - p187 in the Yellow Pages. Not a fan myself as I don't like seeing the 'face'have a knife put through it.

cookessentials, Mar 14, 6:56am
Yes, you can. I had a baby photo of my Son put onto his 21st cake. I sent the photo to the cake maker(Cake Couture in Glen Eden) and she had it put onto the cake. If you Google edible images, you should be able to find someone.

cookessentials, Mar 14, 6:58am

roseann48, Mar 14, 8:44am
If you have a photo you could copy & laminate it & place that on cake . I have just finished 1 with photos of recepient from a baby to 30 years. You could decorate around the photos as desired.

spotswood, Mar 15, 2:51am
Eves Pantry do them too The photo is put on to a rice paper sheet then you just put it onto the cake.They look great!

pr0ud-mum-of-1, Mar 15, 4:16am
Im looking at getting a cake made for my mums 40th next month and was wondering if anyone knew if you could get a picture put on a cake, i know what i mean but its hard to explain, im wanting a picture of my mum n grandma who passed away! is it possible

kinna54, Mar 15, 4:48am
Yes. I have had cartoon pictures doneat both pak'n'save and New World.(in manawatu and in Napier.) so I'm sure that a photo should be ok. They have a machine that somehow does it.You have to give them a few days notice. I had an awesome one done for my hubby's 50th.

jessie981, Mar 15, 5:05am
Choice Cakes 251 Riccarton Road - p187 in the Yellow Pages. Not a fan myself as I don't like seeing the 'face'have a knife put through it.